Community_discussions_small  

Comment

NBA Tickets

16 Oct 2008 Maria23 said

Maria23
Hi

I'm trying to book NBA tickets from Australia (specifically, Lakers vs. Knicks @ Staples 16 Dec 2008)

On their official site (ticketmaster) I've just done a "best possible seats" search and it's come up with worst nose-bleeders. I was looking at getting $70-$115 tix but they're not coming up when I do a search

Have these tix really sold out??!?

I've tried ticket exchange, but I dont think it's available to those living outside of the US.

Anyways sorry... I don't know what else to do!!
  • 16 Oct 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

Hey, i’ve gotten baseball tickets before over the internet to a Boston Yankees game, Hard tickets to get but I did it. I think you should try and google stubhub.Or even just try and google Lakers tickets and see what comes up.
    I also bought tickets to a baseball game in Anaheim and just got tickets that I could pick up at the venue before the game started, plus for games in New York and San Francisco I had the option of printing tickets out at home.

Good luck.

• 16 Oct 2008 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hey There,

Just wondering, im in LA from the 18th Jan – 23rd Jan and was wondering if there will be any sporting events on at that time

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Oct 2008 Heather said

Heather

It is very possible all the good tickets are gone. I would suggest looking on ebay or craigslist for tickets (people buy them then resell them on these websites). Might cost more though.

Ky1987- what type of sports?? I think the only major sports going on here in the states right now is basketball and football.

• 16 Oct 2008 Maria23 said

Maria23

great, thanks guys, i’ll try stubhub and craiglist – so annoying, thought i was being organised 2 months before hand, only to find they’ve already sold out!

pity baseball season is over in Dec – would have loved to watch a game =/ oh well basketball it is – if i can score tix…

• 17 Oct 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

Try and see an ice hockey game.

• 17 Oct 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

The NBA probably sells most of their tickets as season tickets or part of groups of tickets, that’s probably why their isn’t much left. There is also arena football in the winter and as someone else mentioned Ice Hockey. Minor league ice hockey games can be fun. Bur for NBA tickets your best bet would be stubhub.

• 18 Oct 2008 said

Default_avatar

Tickets for the Lakers sell out well in advance of the games, so your best bet would be ebay or stubhub, but you will be paying a nice lot for them! basketball and hockey are hard tickets to come by in most big citys, hell in Toronto the games sell out the day the tickets are released for sale, most of the time within the hour they are released.

• 18 Oct 2008 Katie said

Default_avatar

hey,

im looking at buying lakers tix for start of jan… ive found quite a number of tickets on coasttocoast tickets www.coasttocoasttickets.com/

They do all sorts of tickets… sports, theatre, concerts.

obviously you are going to be charged a fee for using it, i think last time i looked it was a booking fee of $12 a ticket and a shipping fee of $40 to aus??

anyway guys goodluck finding the tickets you want!

Katie Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Oct 2008 princess19 said

Default_avatar

I would advise against Ebay or Craigslist because some of the scalped Tix arent real. There is a chance you could buy “great” seats and they arent real tickets. AT that point you have almost no recourse =(

I think the best bet is Stubhub.com. They have a fan protect gaurantee that your tickets are real and you will be able to use them. So if you get to the event and you have bogus Tix you call them and they will take care of it. I use them all the time and LOVE them!

• 19 Oct 2008 fannypack127 said

Default_avatar

Go Lakers! Cannot wait for next season.

• 30 Oct 2008 Brad-ish said

Brad-ish

I’m afraid that in the $70-$115 price range, you won’t get quality seats. Lakers & Knick home games are among the most expensive in the NBA, if you want a good view, you really need to pay for it.

• 2 Nov 2008 MikeyJ. said

MikeyJ.

You should try stubhub.com. I use this site whenever I want to buy last minute Laker tickets.

• 2 Nov 2008 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    I’m trying to book NBA tickets from Australia (specifically, Lakers vs. Knicks @ Staples 16 Dec 2008)

We got tickets to the Knicks v Atlanta when we were over there (as a bonus from our TM) and we were in the nosebleeds; we could still see the ball and the people and the atmosphere was still excellent but it was no courtside action!

Have you tried calling the clubs? Maybe email or call them directly and see if they have anything available otherwise, definitely get whatever seat you can or you’ll end up with squat!

• 6 Nov 2008 Jackie13 said

Default_avatar

hi. just wondering if the people that have used stubhub for basketball tickets have done so from australia?
    we almost bought our tickets recently, but it didn’t look like it was possible for us to get them in time (couldn’t see an option for us to pick them up) did we miss something, or can the tickets only be shipped over??

Thanks heaps!
    also..if anyone else is goign to go to the Lakers vs. Knicks game on Dec 16..we’ll see you there! Would anyone know if it is worth buying these tickets when the game is on the same day we get back from our contiki tour?? Would we be at much risk of missing the game or parts of it? Any advice is appreciated! thanks!!!

• 6 Nov 2008 Maria23 said

Maria23

Hey Jackie13, I tried to buy tickets for the lakers vs. knicks 16 Dec game, but they would not accept my Aussie address as a legitimate delivery addy for some reason.

I’m gonna give stubhub a call tomorrow. We’re looking at nose bleeders with $33 tickets. i’ll let you know what happens.

if your tour finishes on the same day the game is being played, i don’t think it should be a problem. however, depends where you’re finishing!

i’ve come across this http://contiki.com.au/contikipedia/articles/arrival-times-north-america

hope it helps and you finish in anaheim. but then again, you’ve got to get downtown, and that’ll take an hour.

• 7 Nov 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

If you’re stuck with nose bleed seats, sometimes sporting events don’t fill up. You could try to use some seats a little closer to the action that are empty.

• 18 Nov 2008 Maria23 said

Maria23

ok finally got an answer. Just emailed stubhub cos I kept calling them in the middle of the night. damn time zones =P

anyways, it is unfortunate but they will NOT post outside of the USA. they have suggested that they be purchased once we arrive in LA. if you have a week or so before a scheduled game, the tickets should get delivered to the hotel in time. However, if you do not, they have also suggested that you have them delivered to a friend/relative’s address well before your scheduled arrival. but if you don’t have any contacts that are close, that may not help either.

I arrive the week before the knicks vs. lakers game, so i’m thinking of just getting them sent to the hotel. but am contemplating sending them to my friend’s relative’s house now, just in case…

anyway, hope this helps!

and geez, they’re damn expensive! decent seats are > $US150 which BITES!!! ah well… once in a lifetime…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion