Community_discussions_small  

Comment

NZ Grand explorer 3/11/11

13 Jan 2011 Mick8 said

Mick8
Hey anyone out there doing the NZ Grand explorer 3/11/11?
  • 30 Jan 2011 Louise said

Louise

Yeah I am looking into doing this tour.

• 3 Feb 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

i am planning on doing the tour witch start on the 3rd of novmber aswell auckland to chistchirch

• 7 Feb 2011 MatthewEssex said

Default_avatar

Hi I’m Matthew I’ll be doing this tour arriving in Auckland on the 2nd and then spending a couple of nights post tour in Christchurch, it’ll be my 4th Contiki tour :-)

• 7 Feb 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

it is my 4th contiki too going to get in the day before nice to meet u matt and i am spending one night post tour then off to oz to have a few days rest with my bro and then off to do my 5th in oz up the east coast of oz starting in sydney and having a few days in sydney with mates before my tour and the when i am done back to my bro in south oz for x.mas

• 8 Feb 2011 MatthewEssex said

Default_avatar

Cool, what Aussie one are you doing? As did one from Sydney to Cairns with a Whitsundays Cruise a couple of years ago which was ace

• 8 Feb 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

reef and rain forrist 16 day

• 9 Feb 2011 lewis-brooks said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, if this is the Christchurch – Auckland trip I am booked on it and fully paid!!!!!

I’m from the UK

• 10 Feb 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

nope auckland – christchurch

• 10 Feb 2011 Mick8 said

Mick8

Hey all im booked on to this trip on the 3rd of november. Im from birmingham (uk) and am staying one night pre and post the tour. I can wait its gonna be fab!

• 10 Feb 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

going to book soon

• 10 Feb 2011 lewis-brooks said

Default_avatar

Which way as both Auckland-Christchurch and Christchurch to Auckland leave on the same day

• 11 Mar 2011 MatthewEssex said

Default_avatar

Does anyone know why the tours have changed from Milford Sound to Dunedin instead? I mean I don’t mind as we get to go to the Spieght’s Brewery and Cadbury’s World. Also would it go to the Otago Peninsula on tour as it’d be cool to go penguin spotting :)

• 11 Mar 2011 Louise said

Louise

I spoke to Contiki today and they said that the reason is that the Cruise boat for the overnight cruise is scheduled for renovations from October onwards and therefore the overnight cruise cannot happen and this is why they have restructured this part of the tour from Oct onwards. They have now added a Milford Sound optional which I believe is at an extra charge (I will know more about what the charge is early next week) and takes up a full day from the Queenstown part of the tour. :)

• 11 Mar 2011 MatthewEssex said

Default_avatar

Cool thanks :)

• 11 Mar 2011 Jon_Essex said

Default_avatar

i’m going 3rd november, auckland to queenstown, anyone doing this??

• 11 Mar 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

i am doing it see u there

• 27 Mar 2011 duncan4747 said

duncan4747

Hi guys – I’m doing the Grand Adventurer 05/11/11 – 17/11/11 from Auckland so I’ll no doubt see some of you guys that are going up to the Bay Of Islands first before you arrive back in Auckland. I’m from London and this is my first Contiki tour. Flying to Sydney the day after the tour on 18th. Dunc.

• 27 Mar 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

cool i am fly to sydney and the south oz to see my brother and sister for a few days before back to sydney to do a contiki tour up the east corst with my sister going to be fun it will be my 4th and 5th tours i love contiki i am fron north london nice to meet u duncan ok mate

• 28 Mar 2011 MatthewEssex said

Default_avatar

There seems to be a few brits on this one who are you all flying with, I’m flying with Air NZ, leaving London on 31st October :)

• 28 Mar 2011 duncan4747 said

duncan4747

I’m leaving London on 1st Nov at 10pm via Dubai and Melbourne with Emirates. Gets to Auckland Thusday 3rd Nov afternoon so have a day in Auckland and then the tour leaves Saturday for me. Do people know where the tour picks up in Auckland? Are people planning on spending the night of the 17th in Christchurch?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.