Community_discussions_small  

Comment

definitely going 7th may 08

24 Dec 2007 ArnoM said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone

Today I've made the decision to go do the "wild western" from may 7th... Hope to see some of you too!!!

Thanx
Arno-Mark
(The Netherlands)
  • 1 Feb 2008 Rachael NSW said

Rachael NSW

Hello

Today I paid for my La Scene 4th May & Wild Western 7th May, I cant wait.
    Looking forward to meeting you

Rachael
    (Australia)

• 8 Feb 2008 ArnoM said

Default_avatar

Hi Rachael

Hope to see you by then! I see that you will be already in LA when I arrive. My plan is to go to the universal studio’s on tuesday 6may. Maybe we can contact each other by then?

greetz
    ArnoM

• 8 Feb 2008 Rachael NSW said

Rachael NSW

Hello

Before I go I will I will organise a contact number for you to contact me.
    The LA Scene tour takes you to Universal studio’s & Disneyland.

Rachael

• 1 Apr 2008 Vagabonder said

Default_avatar

Hi guys! I’m Alison, (Ali for short) your tour manager for this adventure Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Hope youre as excited as I am! Any pre-departure questions?

• 14 Apr 2008 JennyG said

Default_avatar

Hi There
    Jennifer here, I will also be on the La Scene and Wild Western in May.
    Just wanted to say hi Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

BTW
    does anyone know what time the Wine Tour would start and would it be possible to make it to Alcatraz AND the wine tour.

See ya Soon Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Apr 2008 ArnoM said

Default_avatar

Whell hello everybody.

Nice to see that there are more replies… Alison: don’t have anything to ask, but I’m very excited for the tour!!! I can’t wait…

I see that a couple of you already “know” each other through the LA scene. Unfortunatly I’m not able to join you, but I arrive monday may5th, so, maybe we can meet in the hotel that evening…

Just a couple of weeks left… ;-) Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 15 Apr 2008 Vagabonder said

Default_avatar

Hey all! If you’re booking Alcatraz, do it soon – it gets booked up fast in May, June and July Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    See you bunch soon!

• 17 Apr 2008 Rachael NSW said

Rachael NSW

Hello

Not long to go now, I cant wait Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Is everyone booking for Alcatraz??? I think I will go.

Alison is it better to bye the 5day disney hopper pass before I get to the US?

Talk to you soon
    Rachael Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Apr 2008 Vagabonder said

Default_avatar

Hey Rachael! You can purchase your Disney passes either online before you go (make sure it is the official website) or at our hotel front desk. Both have good deals.
    If you guys are booking Alcatraz, consider going for a morning tour. San Fran has wicked fog that can roll in at any time and sometimes the later tours aren’t as good.
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Ali

• 17 Apr 2008 ArnoM said

Default_avatar

Hi

I’m still not sure about alcatraz. Because our time there in frisco is limited, is it time well-spent (off-course) or can I make better use of the time there? I don’t know yet. What’s you’re opinion Alison?

But if everybody is going to alcatraz, who am I to stay behind. To bad that we have to book this in advance…

Other question: the heli-ride in the grand canyon and the las vegas show. We can book them on the tour? The itinerary says so, but a tourguide must know that for sure… (hope you understand me, English is not my native language…)

• 17 Apr 2008 ArnoM said

Default_avatar

Since this is an international trip, where do you all come from?

I’ll start: I’m from a small town near Amsterdam in the Netherlands.

• 17 Apr 2008 Rachael NSW said

Rachael NSW

Hello

I’m from Australia I live about a hour & half north of Sydney the (Central Coast).

Are you going staying back after our tour?

I think I might book the morning tour to Alcatraz in the morning I have heard its meant to be really good, but I dont like the idea of getting up so early but I guess then we will have the rest of the day to explore San Fran?

Alison- thank you

Talk to you soon
    Rachael

• 18 Apr 2008 Vagabonder said

Default_avatar

Arno, your English is better than you think Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    As for Alcatraz, it’s hard for me to say “don’t do it” or “you have to do this” because I love so much of San Fran. There are hundreds of things to do with yourself in the city. You can walk the bridge, go to Golden Gate Park, feel the hippie vibe in Haight and Ashbury, wander through North Beach’s Little Italy or Chinatown, and the list goes on and on. Alcatraz is an incredibly cool trip – but if you decide not to do it, you’ll certainly find something else to do. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> And, no, not everyone does it so don’t worry.
    You can purchase any of the optionals while on tour and then I’ll sort out the details for you. I’ve done almost all of them, so if any of you have any questions, I’ll do my best to answer.
    And, yeah, Rachael – it’s an early morning (and not like our other ones where you can just sleep on the coach Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> ) but its great to give yourself as much time as possible. SO much to do.
    And to answer your last question Arno, I’m American – in fact, I was born and raised in one of the stops on our tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’ll tell you which one as we roll in.
    See you guys in a couple of weeks!
    Ali
    PS I’m your TM for the May 4 LA Scene Tour too Rachael so I’ll see you even sooner Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Apr 2008 Rachael NSW said

Rachael NSW

Hi Alison

Just a quick question is it better to go to Alcatraz on the 17th May or the 18May? Unsure what day but will go in morning prob the 9:30am tour.

Arno & Jenny are you going to be the Alcatraz tour and if so what day & time?

Rach

• 22 Apr 2008 Vagabonder said

Default_avatar

I recommend the 17th. That gives you the option to do the wine tour if you decide to or watch the Bay to Breakers run.
    -Ali

• 22 Apr 2008 ArnoM said

Default_avatar

Hi

Well, I made a misstake in my planning for the trip. I thought that we would be only 1day in SF, but it’s 2days, so I will take the alcatraz tour if thats still possible. I’ll try now to order a ticket for the 17th in the morning. So rachael, we can do the tour together (bet there will be enough other people from the tour going at the same time)

At the end of the tour I will take a red-eye to Chicago (transfer in Minneapolis), friends of my parents live there, so I can see a little of that place. Hope I still want to travel by then ;-).

For me 13days untill my flight to LA. I arrive monday and hope to go to the Universal Studio’s on tuesday. Ever getting closer and closer… And before we know it, we’re back home with a lot of memories (and foto’s)

Ali: how many are on the tour? A small group, or a large group? I’m a bit curious…

• 22 Apr 2008 ArnoM said

Default_avatar

Small update: I’ve reserved tickets for Alcatraz on may17, 9.30. So that’s an early morning… Hope the hotels not to far away (and that there’s a shuttle to the pier)… We’ll find out soon enough.

greets for now
    Arno-Mark

• 22 Apr 2008 kezrulz said

kezrulz

Hello Everyone…
    My name is Kerri & I will be on this tour with my best friend & her cousin. I’m from Mollymook (Australia) 3 hours south of Sydney…
    I’m really really looking forward to this trip… We fly out on May the 2nd & do a few things before the trip… THEN after the american contiki, we’re doing our own thing THEN off to Europe arghhh… Long trip Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    One question Ali… Is it compulsory to meet up the night before… I have done the stupid thing off booking us into the studio audience off “Rules of Engagement” at roughly the same time… I can easily cancel… But we were really really looking forward to it haha…
    Kerri

• 22 Apr 2008 Rachael NSW said

Rachael NSW

Hi Arno

Just booked my tour of Alcatraz same time & day as you Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I hope everyone is doing the same tour as us.

I only have 9 days to go I cant wait.

Talk to you soon
    Rachael

• 23 Apr 2008 Peety said

Default_avatar

Hy everyone!

I’m booked on the LA to the bay tour departure on May 7th and I think we are on the same coach till San Fran.
    Can’t wait to start this trip. I’ll fly to LA on Saturday May 3rd and stay at the Hyatt Regancy OC. The first day is booked with disneyland, but I still dont Know what I’ll do the other two days.
    Ali, can you tell me something about the connection between Anaheim and Downtonw LA? Are ther Busses, Shuttles or something else?
    cu soon
    Peter

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion