Community_discussions_small  

Question

Italian Espresso March 2014

2 Jan 2014 bnunez88 asked

bnunez88

Is anyone else going on this tour??? Or has anyone taken this tour before, just wanted to know what to expect.

• 11 Feb 2014 r3markabl3 said

r3markabl3

I wanted to know as well as I am about to book my flight comming out of San Diego haha.

• 11 Feb 2014 bnunez88 said

bnunez88

oh really? are you going on this trip? I’m flying out of LAX booked my flight, read some older reviews they all seem to say its a good tour

r3markabl3

Yes, I am still a liltte hesatant but i think ill take the plunge. I was supposed to do one with some friends on another package deal but they all backed out so decided to just do this since i can go by myself.

bnunez88

oh that sucks, i only booked with contiki because everyone says its perfect for people between ages 25-35. You book the march 21 departure?

r3markabl3

Yes, that is the one I am thinking about booking.

bnunez88

oh sweet, well if you do I’ll see you in Rome. if not have safe travels

• 14 Feb 2014 Nat said

Nat

I did that trip last April. It’s great! I saw everything that I wanted to see and more. I had plenty of time to explore what I had on my own agenda and was still able advantage of the extra tours that contiki provided. Enjoy it!

• 14 Feb 2014 bnunez88 said

bnunez88

Really?! great! thanks Nat! how were the hotels? I’m waiting on my documents from Contiki to arrive so I can look into what hotels we will be staying at. I cant wait, im glad to hear it was an overall great experience for you I’m hopeful it will be the same for me.

• 15 Feb 2014 Nat said

Nat

The hotels were clean and the beds were comfy for the most part. Don’t expect 5 star, but good enough.

• 25 Feb 2014 bnunez88 said

bnunez88

I just received the list of the hotels for this tour they all say 4star and seem nice! But I have a question Nat does the tour include an inside visit to the Colosseum and a visit to the Statue of David? I know its listed under optional to see the David but what about the Colosseum? Just want to make sure I get to actually go inside not just see it from the outside.

• 25 Feb 2014 Nat said

Nat

You should make reservations to see the statue of David ahead of time. It’s not included in the tour but you will have plenty of time. You can avoid the long lines by making reservations. The colloseum is included as an optinal with guided tour. It’s worth it.

• 25 Feb 2014 bnunez88 said

bnunez88

Thanks Nat! I will most def seek out the optionals. I want to make sure I get the most out of this trip. I’m glad to hear the Colosseum is an optional, and its not just one of those we stop outside and take a look at it right, we actually go inside? So its well worth it, are any of the other optionals worth doing? Appreciate the feed back.

• 26 Feb 2014 Nat said

Nat

You will have a lot of time to explore Rome. Yes, you get to go into the Colosseum (that tour was great. I forget the name of our guide. He is an older man, but he was fantastic!) When you get to Florence, you will have an option of going to the leather making class before the tour starts. I would say don’t waste your time there (sorry Contiki). Either sleep in or go out on your own. The guided tours are interesting, but they weren’t more informative than the information you can research on your own. Gioto bell tower and Duomo Basilica Cathedral are very cool to look at. The views from the top are breathtaking (choose one to climb on top of though). When you’re in Florence you will also have an optional dinner that you should go to. Also, buy a lock for when you go to Verona for the Romeo and Juliet garden (it’s a cute experience, but the gift shop there is a complete rip off). PM me if you have any more questions.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion