Community_discussions_small  

Comment

GYM TRAINING

4 Mar 2007 Chris_V said

Chris_V
Hi there my name is chris from melbourne australia and I would be doing the europe Horizon and I am spending 3 days in london and I would like if there are gyms about that I train at . To help keep my body in shape
  • 20 Apr 2011 Chris713 said

Default_avatar

I know this is old but I’m wondering the same thing? Does anyone know availability of gyms? I’m travelling Europe and need to keep my body in shape…

• 20 Apr 2011 BigCountry Williams said

BigCountry Williams

check out the site for the hotels.

http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/royal-national

• 21 Apr 2011 EatPrayLove said

EatPrayLove

The last thing I would be doing on an expensive trip to Europe is working out in a gym! The walking all day is enough for me and I’d rather be out experiencing the world than cooped up in some room..

• 23 Apr 2011 Explorer1237718 said

Default_avatar

I didn’t ask what you would rather do EatPrayLove. I’m a very fit and active person. If I can find half an hour in my day to exercise I will! It makes me feel good and refreshed and I will enjoy my trip more if I’m active!!

So any advice? Are there any gyms in Europe/UK where you can buy casual passes and use across Europe or something?

Any advice appreciated!!

• 24 Apr 2011 BigCountry Williams said

BigCountry Williams

I do know that the hotel you will be staying in at London does have a gym and you can use it for a small fee. I don’t blame you chris for wanting to use the gym if you can find time. I know that I will be if I have time. even if its an half hour!

• 25 Apr 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I never really noticed any gyms when I went on my tour (but I wasn’t looking for them). I few people on my tour would go for a run to keep in shape. I never heard of anyone actually working out in a gym. Maybe there is something you could bring with you to work out or figure out some exercises you could do without equipment,

• 25 Apr 2011 s14 said

Default_avatar

My plan is push ups and to chuck the GF on my back and squat her haha

• 29 May 2011 Kate12 said

Default_avatar

You don’t need a gym to keep in shape… just use body weight exercises to maintain your fitness and do explosive training while your on tour… 30-40 mins of body weights and plyometrics and you will be feeling alright.. Plus use your imagination.. Im sure there will be things around the traps you can use to do other exercises or hills to sprint.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion