Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Disneyland Paris

24 Feb 2008 *jadie* said

*jadie*
hi guys,

just wanted to c if any1 has been to Disneyland in Paris b4 and after tour, an if worth goin to??? friend and i lookin at going after tour. any1 else been there or have an thoughts or suggestions??

Cheers jade
  • 25 Feb 2008 Alex said

Alex

Hi Jade

I went to Disneyland Paris after my tour ended and it was a lot of fun! You can easily do it in a day and getting there is easy via RER Line A from central Paris (the journey takes about half an hour) and there are some packages that offer both the tickets and transportation. The park has the best castle out of all five in the world and the rides are new and thrilling! I would do Big Thunder and Space Mountain all over again if I had the chance… Plus, after the tour the fun doesn’t stop as there’s Disney Village with clubs, restaurants, and shopping that’s open until the wee hours of the morning. So overall, I would suggest going!

Happy travels

-Alex

• 25 Feb 2008 *jadie* said

*jadie*

hi alex,

thanks heaps for your reply, great to get soem good feedback from sum1 thats recently visitied the park. have you been to the new one in Hong Kong, we were goin to do a stopver on the way over to london and go then or wait till after tour and go to paris disneyland instead. Cant decide???

cheers

jade

• 26 Feb 2008 Alex said

Alex

Hi Jade,

No problem! I haven’t been to the new one in Hong Kong, but if I were to choose between that and the one in Paris it would definitely be Paris. I did hear at one point that the one in Hong Kong suffered overcrowding problems and another downfall is that some parts are still under construction (some of the popular Disney rides are missing and the park is considered the smallest out of all five) because it’s still new. If you’re travelling between May and September, it’ll also be hot and humid! I remember I was always sweating and my clothes were drenched in sweat even after a few minutes of walking in HK!

I found Disneyland Paris had a nice European flair to it and it shows for example in the design of the castle and it also caters to all of Europe so you’ll see people from all over. Plus, there are two parks (the main park and the new Walt Disney Studios) so it’ll be enough to keep you occupied!

If you like shopping, there’s an international mall called Val d’Europe 5 minutes from the park via a free shuttle (I think) too.

Cheers,

Alex

• 26 Feb 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

Now keep in mind that this is coming from a serious Disney-junkie, but you should so totally go! It was bizarre but very cool only ever having been to the parks in the US at the time, but they had lines for various different languages. The English line was always the shortest! Who knew Disney was so cosmopolitan, lol!
    I paid for the day pass to go to the Studios, which gives you access to the main park after a certain time of day, 5pm maybe? It was great- a really fun day. Just curious when you’re going, as I’ve been a few times before Halloween and they really do it up!

I was at HK Disney last year, and it’s cool too-but it is really small and doesn’t have a lot of the major rides the bigger parks do. I decided to spend the day there before heading out on an over-night flight and it was a perfect stop-over plan. Because it is so compact, I saw every show and did every ride, even catching the fireworks. A perfect send-off!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 26 Feb 2008 bec said

Default_avatar

I would definatly go to paris disneyland over hong kong disneyland – while any disneyland is obviously gona be great, there isnt as many rides in the hong kong one and as alex said, when I went I found it to be SO crowded. that and my god the humidity nearly kills you! I was there in winter and it was still almost unbearable!
    but either way, any disneyland would be cool Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 27 Feb 2008 *jadie* said

*jadie*

hey guys,
    thanx for all ur great feedback, thats mind my mind up will go to the paris dineyland how excitn. we are goin mid may not near halloween unforunately but still. any suggestions of others things to do ni paris after the tour??

cheers

• 27 Feb 2008 Alex said

Alex

Hey Jade,

Take a look at the Paris Vision website at http://www.parisvision.com/index.php?langid=en

They’re a major tour company in Paris and it’ll give you a head start and ideas on what kind of attractions, city walks, night tours, museums, day trips, shows, etc. you can do and visit while in Paris!

Cheers

• 28 Feb 2008 EmJay87 said

Default_avatar

Im going on European Adventurer in August and we are in Paris for 2 full days…. do you think we’d be able to go during the tour? or best to wait til after and maybe spend a night in France then?

• 28 Feb 2008 Alex said

Alex

I recommend spending a few extra nights in Paris if you want to cover Disneyland and other sights around Paris – all of the sightseeing, museum visits, walks, shopping, photo ops, etc. that you would normally do on the tour will take up 2 days already!

Cheers

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.