Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Camping alone and need advice!!!!

13 Apr 2008 IrishJoe said

IrishJoe
HI!! I'm thinking of going on the 21 day camping tour sometime in august but it looks like i'll be travelling alone.
Is it up to me to find some one to share a tent with?.. Or do Contiki help out on that front?

Also worried about travelling on my own, and hoping i won't be the only solo travel on the tour.
  • 13 Apr 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Contiki will pair you w/ with another solo same gender participant if you are solo. No worries, there will be plenty of other solo adventurers like yourself.

- Vic

• 19 Apr 2008 Rozzy said

Rozzy

Hi there Im travelling solo too and have already met some people online on the same trip. Can we choose who we wanna share tent with or do they pair u up? Are the tents fairly roomy and do they leak?

• 21 Apr 2008 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

Pretty much the first thing they tell you on the bus, is if you are alone you need to find a tent buddy. The give you a few hours, then they wonder up the bus and take everyones names, so they can allocate gear.

The tents are quite roomy given the very small space they physically take up, this is due to their high roof.
    Tents only leak if they have not been erected properly. It is crucial to make sure your fly is tight, so it is not touching the inside layer. The moment the wet fly touches the inner layer, water is gonna start coming in onto you and your gear. They explain this all very well at your first set up.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion