Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Staying on in London post Contiki Tour

12 Mar 2009 Gem said

Gem
Hey all,

I was wondering where most people stay when they arrive back in London after the tour?

I'm doing the Ultimate and unsure what time i get back into London, but I was wondering if i should saty at the Royal National that night or stay somewhere else as we are planning to stay in London for a few days (and dont want to stay the whole time at the Royal National).

Any advice would be fab!
  • 13 Mar 2009 Jessica said

Default_avatar

Hey Gem,
    I’m also doing the Ultimate 26th July when are u going? I’m staying at the RN for 2 nights after the tour mainly for convenience. Not 2 sure what time the tour get back.

Jess

• 13 Mar 2009 Megsy said

Megsy

Hi Gem and Jessica
    I haven’t done my contiki yet so im not sure how good this packages is but you can do a two day or four package (explore london) with royal national and imperial hotel. My boyfriend and i will be doing the two day package after our tour at the imperial hotel. according to the contiki booklet (in my booklet its page 27) the two day package includes accommodation, breakfast, heathrow airport tube pass, open top bus sightseeing tour, london show threatre tickets.
    i get back from my contiki tour 15th Aug, so if you choose to do this let me know if it was any good.

• 13 Mar 2009 Lissy said

Default_avatar

Hi! We are staying for 1 night at the Royal National after our trip because you want to say your goodbyes to everyone rather than rushing to the next hotel. Also, our tour finishes at 6.30pm so we’re gonna be buggered & want to sleep I reckon.

Soooo, for the other 3 nights in London we are going to book at the Easyhotel Victoria. It’s 144 pound for 2 people for 3 nights. Cheap AS! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> The rooms are modern & tidy, but EXTREMELY small, like I’m talkin 7 sq metres! The idea is you sleep & shower there, that’s it. The hotel seems to be central to the main attractions as well as being close to a tube station etc.

This is our first trip to London, so this hotel may be awesome or it may be crappy, I dunno. But check out the website & see whatcha think! Have fun Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

www.easyhotel.com

• 13 Mar 2009 said

Default_avatar

Gooday!

The Royal National is a pretty basic hotel, but over all is pretty well situated in London, so you shouldn’t have worries about staying there.

If you’d just like a different area of the City for a few days though, I’d suggest checking out the Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens area, somewhere along Bayswater Road. Kensington is a neat area. lots of tube stations in this area to take you into City centre also!

If you dont want to do Hostels, Id suggest looking at the chain Thistle in the UK, you can get rooms at their Hotels in London from as cheap as 90 pounds! Last year I stayed with them at their Kensington Garden hotel and booked enough in advance that I only paid 85 pounds a night.
    www.thistle.com

Another option is the Hoxton Hotel, they sell rooms for very cheap, One pound a night cheap!
    www.TheHoxton.com

There are a crazy number of Hotels and Hostels in London, so just look around and figure out which area of the city you’d like to be in, and go from there.

• 15 Mar 2009 Gem said

Gem

Thanks guys.

Hey Jessica we’re going on the 5th July, Lissy We’ve decided to do he same sort of thing as you, stay at the RN for the night we finish the trip, the stay the 3 days after that at the St Giles Hotel, got it for a great price, doesnt look too bad and its location is perfect!!

• 15 Mar 2009 cdm115 said

cdm115

There is a Generator Hostel not too far from Russell Square too, which I hear is popular.

• 16 Mar 2009 Lissy said

Default_avatar

Hi Gem, just had a look at St Giles Hotel & it seems very central, tidy & a good price too! I think we might enoy staying there rather than a teeny tiny room in an easyhotel. We would probably like to stretch out a bit after 21 days camping! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Thanks for putting that up!

• 17 Mar 2009 Gem said

Gem

No worries Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I looked at quite a few places and St Giles seemed the best for the price. The cheapest i found it was on yeego.com for $158 per night for a twin room and breakfast, which is pretty much the same as the Royal National (if not cheaper depending on how u book), but reviews say it is a lot nicer!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.