Community_discussions_small  

Comment

another luggage question!

10 Feb 2010 LauraM12345 said

LauraM12345
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has particular luggage/brands they would suggest for a 27day european trip? I'm having a hard time finding things that fit within the restrictions and would love a point in the right direction!
  • 11 Feb 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

Your luggage does not have to be the EXACT size specified in the Contiki booklet but, it definitely has to be under the 20kg weight limit.

Most “large” sized cases are around 73-75cm in height, they’re fine. Try Antler for an affordable version. Samsonite is good too but expensive.

• 11 Feb 2010 melaniekate said

Default_avatar

I bought a Carlton suitcase for my trip, it was the lightest suitcase I could find, only 3.8kg and it’s 65 × 45 × 29. It was pretty expensive but I figure I’ll have it for a long time Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> It looks so small, I think I’ll struggle with packing 2.5 months worth of stuff in it!

This is the one I got:
    http://www.carltontravelgoods….l.aspx?SKU=70&cat=16

• 12 Feb 2010 DasheR said

Default_avatar

It really depend what type of luggage you are after.
    Suitcase, backpack/ruck sack, duffel etc.
    There are so many options.

I got a hybrid which is like a backpack with wheels.
    caribee and high sierra two of my fav brands.

• 7 Mar 2010 Casey said

Default_avatar

Quite possibly a stupid question that has already been asked somewhere, but what is more practical to use for a Europe trip of about 60 days? A standard suitcase with wheels, or a pack with backpack straps for carrying?

-case

• 7 Mar 2010 lizzie said

lizzie

hi im going for a backpack, however; i am doing the camping trip and also am staying in hostels, except after the tour. I would of also gone for a pack if i was doing concept but probably not if i was doing time out.

• 7 Mar 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

Casey, everyone has a different opinion on the backpack vs suitcase issue.

Both have pros and cons. Climbing stairs and walking over rough roads/gravel/dirt is easier with a backpack. But the rest of the time a suitcase with wheels is better.

• 7 Mar 2010 Casey said

Default_avatar

I’m actually looking at the wheeled versions with backpack straps fitted…

I know the weight is the biggest issue, but how serious is the 73×50×23 measurment criteria?

Would 76×38×36 be refused?

• 19 Apr 2010 Breez:) said

Default_avatar

hi i am doing a camping tour is a suitcase atill alright t use and can it be like 73-75 or doe sit have to be exact Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion