Community_discussions_small  

Comment

First time solo traveller!

10 Jul 2010 Krysten! said

Krysten!
Hey everyone!

So I've recently been looking into doing the Beaches and Reefs (reverse) trip in 2011 however I'm not sure when the best time to go would be. I'm thinking either end of January or end of February. Just wondering if anyone had any advice/tips/stories about their experience??? I'm 18, will be 19 by the time the trip comes and this will be my first time travelling to Australia, let alone anywhere (I've never been on a plane) and I will be going solo so I'm a bit nervous and just want as much info as I can get to prepare myself/get the best trip experience!

Thanks! Smiler
  • 10 Jul 2010 Sandy said

Default_avatar

Hey Krysten,

I went solo in Dec 09/Jan10 and love it. Australia is a beautiful country, it’s their summer around that time, so it’s hot and humid. But, regardless people are super friendly and you’ll have a great time.

• 24 Sep 2010 Explorer~1987 said

Explorer~1987

Depends on what weather u like.

December – February is Summer and quite hot in most parts of Aus esspecially NT & North QLD..

March – May is Autumn and it is probably our wet season.. The temp is a bit cooler..

June – August – Winter – It can get quite cold. The best places would be NT or North QLD (It’s also probably our wet season..

September – November – Spring – My favourite season.. it’s quite warm but Sept can be a bit cold at night..

Hope this helps u

• 30 Sep 2010 Sas said

Default_avatar

Southern parts of Australia, best to go in spring or summer ( best months November – February). If you are looking at hitting the top end (Eg Darwin, Cairns, Townsville) The best time to visit that part of the country is in the Dry season, which generally runs May through to about October. The rest of the year is the wet (they dont have 4 seasons up there) and you only have to step out the door to be drenched in sweat.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.