Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grandsouthern

13 May 2010 Explorer1182190 said

Default_avatar
Im looking at doin the grandsothern in Aug this yr and im alittle concerned its goin to be too much partyin for me... lol although im 25 i dont want to go and spend all my time partyin and bein hung ova. Am i goin to be dissappointed with this trip?
  • 15 May 2010 Pervy said

Pervy

Not at all, if you don’t want to go out and drink you don’t have to. We had people who went out every night and drank but we also had a good number of people who didn’t drink. I was in the middle, went out drinking some nights then some nights I didn’t. I’m sure everyone got out of the tour what they want and had a great time.

• 22 May 2010 Suzanne said

Default_avatar

hey,

i did the eastern discovery which is half the grand southern, and i was also a bit worried about being left out etc but it was actually fine. there were some people who hardly went out, some who didnt drink, some who were too young to drink, and those who spend the whole time drunk! there are some places where there isnt anywhere to go out, or we just went for dinner. its very much up to you what u want to do. i am glad i went out when i did, especially in miami cos that was amazing.
    i had the most amazing time of my life and would consider doing the same trip again!! it’s what u make of it, and you do what u want!!! have fun!

• 11 Aug 2010 toddt85 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Suzanne:
    hey,

i did the eastern discovery which is half the grand southern, and i was also a bit worried about being left out etc but it was actually fine. there were some people who hardly went out, some who didnt drink, some who were too young to drink, and those who spend the whole time drunk! there are some places where there isnt anywhere to go out, or we just went for dinner. its very much up to you what u want to do. i am glad i went out when i did, especially in miami cos that was amazing.
    i had the most amazing time of my life and would consider doing the same trip again!! it’s what u make of it, and you do what u want!!! have fun!

Agree 100%. I did the whole GS and I didn’t go out every night and there were heaps of others that didn’t either. It’s your trip, MAKE IT YOURS. Don’t worry what other people are going to think – that’s how I approached it and I had a great time! Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 24 Aug 2010 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

dont worry about going out every night, i just came home from doing the grand southern, we had people who went out all night, some who didnt go out often, some under age and a majority who went out for a bit but still had earlyish nights. well i think the earliest for me getting into bed was midnight!! I wanted to enjoy the night life but also enjoy the things that can be done durring the day!

• 27 Aug 2010 Explorer1205917 said

Default_avatar

I’m glad to hear that about the partying side of things as I’ve booked the trip for the 21st Oct and do not want to spend all my money on partying all the time! My days of that are over now!

• 19 Sep 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

I thought I would chime in too! I did the Grand Southern in July/August of this year and had the best time. But it is what you make of it! The tour manager and people on your bus will play a big part – I had a awesome group and we actually had 2 buses so we pretty much took over a of places! Our tour manager Justin and driver Richard were both brilliant also!
    You can party pretty much anywhere on this tour, or you can take it easy. We went out in all the big cities but also had some fun parties in the quieter places, I wasn’t the one who went out the most or the least. I still wanted to have fun during the sightseeing days, but on long bus days it’s fine to stay out late the night before as there isn’t much to do apart from sleep. Also there were some people who didn’t go out at all.
    It’s YOUR choice and YOUR tour, make of it what you will! Have an amazing time

• 26 Oct 2010 Wilson1987 said

Wilson1987

I did the GS in august/september

Had camille as TM and Richard as the drive, both were amazing!!

Most of our bus partied every night, we all got along so well it was awesome!

I would def do this trip again but prefer to see the rest of the world before i do it again!

Best was vegas and miami party cruise!!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion