Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Need some advice!!!

17 Nov 2008 Explorer1117231 said

Default_avatar
hi,

I am planning on going on the european highlights tour in may. I will be having a few days in london bofore hand. Does anyone have any suggestion for some nice but reasonably price hotels in central london (maybe close to hyde park). I've had a look on website but it's so hard to tell what they are like in real life. Also some attractions that people would recomend/ shopping areas.

also, has anyone done this tour? if so was it worth it? it is quite short, so im scared that i'm not going to get enough time in each place.

thanks for ur help!!
  • 17 Nov 2008 vlado said

vlado

hey,

Im doing the euro contrasts next summer and we r satying at royal nationl its seems nice and its not expensive, and most contiki tours start from there, it might be comething you are looking for

• 18 Nov 2008 Heather said

Heather

I agree, I would stay at one of the Contiki hotels, either the Royal National or the Imperial. I am going a day early and will also be in London a few days between tours and I’m staying at the Imperial (because they have single rooms). I’m thinking that there will be lots of other people there like me who want to see London before/after their tour so I will have people to hang with since I’m going solo.

• 21 Nov 2008 melaniet said

Default_avatar

i agree, i went to london before the tour and i just stayed in the contiki hotel that i was booked to stay in the night before the tour (i stayed at the imperial hotel). its close to the british museum and big bus tour bus stops to see all the major attractions. it is also close to tube stations. that way you also dont have to switch hotels, check in and out etc. its just easier.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.