Community_discussions_small  

Comment

The worst tour I have ever joined.

3 Nov 2010 Explorer1206739 said

Default_avatar
I just came back from Contiki inspiration tour. I have to be very honest to say this is the worst tour I have ever joined.

The whole journey is full of alocoholic, the tour manager was arranging partying and drinking nearly every night, which is fine as everyone’s purpose for this trip is different.

However, the tour manager doesn’t really look after the other people who are not that into partying or drinking. Also these party animals have been making noise and being rude to people, even while people were sleeping. Then the tour manager just have said to people that to tolerante each other, not to respect! I found it is so rediculous as I paid nearly £1500 to suffer in this journey rather than sightseeing. For the best example, during the time we were in Switzerland, we supposed to take the pilatus (cable car) to see the mountain, but the weather was foggy, so the tour guide just cancelled it without asking people’s willing, and we had spent nearly all day in city for shopping mainly. I meant come on, even the weather was smoky, we can still take the pilatus to experience rather than just spent nearly all day in city centre. Then we have been taking back for hotel for the terrible dinner, and then the tour manager arranged another drinking night again.

Moreover, during the journey, even the outdoor tempature was about 3 or 5 degree C, the coach was still turning air conditioner on, and made many people suffer in the damn cold, even myself got a fever for 2 days. Just because the tour manager didn’t really look after everyone’s willing but small group’s happiness.

The other thing I’ve found rediculous is while we were in Rome, we had been taking to a restaurant, I couldn’t find a seat, but the tour manager just sat there and start eating, rather to consider what has happened. As my travel experience in the past, the tour manager supposed to look after everyone’s then take his own seat and start his dinner, but to follow this tour – No! All you can get is you better to look after yourself and still need to pay polite tips, which is absolutely ironic.

The funniest thing is we have been told in the beginning of this trip- The Contiki tour is to experience rather than having a holiday, but all I have been experience in this tour is being bothered by these bloody party animals and drinking for 19 days.

This is absolutely disappointed trip ever. I wrote this just to warm some people, if you perfer to have a definitely nice journey with cultured in Europe, you better to consider other tour company rather than Contiki. In the other hand, if you are a party animal, and fancy to get drink in foreign countries rather than sightseeing, then the tour manager who named Emmo and Contiki would be the best choice for you ever.

To conclude, just be considering who you are and what you like, before you decided to spend your penny.
  • 30 Oct 2011 nervous_traveler said

nervous_traveler

Now having become a veteran of contiki doing three tours i can tell you that i had an amazing time. My main tour had mainly auzzies on the tour (about 8 of us were from canada, mexico, japan and in my case nz) Yes there was a small group that were there to get pissed but thankfully it was not every night and it was a small group of about 6 or 7 guys. As for people who take these tours being dumb i have to say that was an overstatement. Over half the people on the tour were accountants and they were all about the towns and history not how many clubs they could go to. As for the air con as someone pointed out they keep it that low to stop the windows fogging up HOWEVER as both my TMs pointed out they are not carring crystal balls if it is to low which can happen as it is a big bus and the middle part gets colder then the rest then there is nothing stopping you from getting out of the seat and telling them the bus is getting a little cold can you please turn the aircon down. If u dn’t tell them they are not going to know. As for thing in switzerland your TM did the right thing in cancelling as you wouldnt have seen anything and then you would have been angry that you could have spent more time in the town instead.

• 30 Oct 2011 nervous_traveler said

nervous_traveler

Now having become a veteran of contiki doing three tours i can tell you that i had an amazing time. My main tour had mainly auzzies on the tour (about 8 of us were from canada, mexico, japan and in my case nz) Yes there was a small group that were there to get pissed but thankfully it was not every night and it was a small group of about 6 or 7 guys. As for people who take these tours being dumb i have to say that was an overstatement. Over half the people on the tour were accountants and they were all about the towns and history not how many clubs they could go to. As for the air con as someone pointed out they keep it that low to stop the windows fogging up HOWEVER as both my TMs pointed out they are not carring crystal balls if it is to low which can happen as it is a big bus and the middle part gets colder then the rest then there is nothing stopping you from getting out of the seat and telling them the bus is getting a little cold can you please turn the aircon down. If u dn’t tell them they are not going to know. As for thing in switzerland your TM did the right thing in cancelling as you wouldnt have seen anything and then you would have been angry that you could have spent more time in the town instead.

• 5 Nov 2011 Tia23 said

Tia23

I feel so bad about your trip, i understand you would be frustated spending and expecting to have a great time and having a sucky time. With that being said, you just described a freakin good time to ME. I am a little nervous about booking a trip and i think i just might book one now. I, like some twisted people lol, do enjoy watching people being drunk and making an azz out of themselves (okay i draw the line at disrespecting other people, especially the locals), but as long as you are making fun of yourself or me (that is if we are cool) then hey whatevs. But i hope this one bad trip doesn’t discourage you.
    Ps. To the people who said all that stuff about Aussies: Newsflash, jerks are EVERYWHERE. It just means that person is a jerk and just happens to live in Australia.

• 5 Nov 2011 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I have done 3 seperate contikis and am planning my 4th and I have had fantastic experiences on all of them. My most recent one was a 24 day europe one, probably 90% of the bus went out most nights and slept on the bus through the day. The people who didn’t go out had nice quiet bus trips lol!! I’m sorry you were disappointed but you can’t go on a Contiki tour and expect everyone to be in bed by 9, the age group is 18-35 so you’re gonna get at the least a handfull of partiers on most tours. Personally I found by sleeping on the bus, it is entirely possible to experience the party side of Europe and still get the most out of every day at a destination (our trip was pretty much one day driving followed by one day in a city etc etc), they aren’t mutually exclusive.

• 17 Feb 2012 Reka803 said

Reka803

I know how you feel. I did 3 contikis 2 I loved partying was not crazy and everyone was sweet nice and down to earth. I did one tour where all they did was party and drink. Some people looked horrible during the day and not even remember the trip. They made the air so cold on the bus that I came down with a horrible flu for 10 days. People were just down right rude and dispectful to me and my TM. I think my TM could not stand them either he practially said it and the end. I love to dance and have a good time but on my other 2 tours we all got back by like 2:00 am no one drunk or late and everthing was great. I am so sorry for your experience I know exactley how you feel. It’s th people that made it a nightmare for me plus everything was so expensive. I did simply Italy 2 twice and it’s simply perfect. You meet amazing down to earth respectful people who are so nice. I met my who is now my best frined now on my recent tour. No crazy room partys or people getting drunk and we all enjoyed the sites so much what an amazing time I had.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.