Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Great Britain & Ireland 1ST OCTOBER 2010

2 Dec 2009 Lisa said

Default_avatar
Hi

I'm going on this tour and would like to hear from anyone else who is.
I'm from Australia and am travelling solo.
  • 6 Jul 2010 bel_kate86 said

Default_avatar

Yeah definitel Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->y hope someone wants to look around coz I’ll be by myself Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I Think I’ll just go back to London and have a look around there, and maybe go on day trips to Oxford and wherever else.

• 6 Jul 2010 shell01 said

Default_avatar

haha yea il be by myself 2, but im thinkin of going 2 paris n coupla other places as well as lookin around london Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> might as well make the most of it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->,would love 2 see switzland 2, soo many places 2 see haha

Default_avatar

oh n im not sure about accommodation after the tour, should i organise that b4 i leave??

Default_avatar

oh n im not sure wot i should do about accommodation after the tour, should i organise it b4 i leave??

• 6 Jul 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

i organised all my accomodation before and after tour when i organised trip through my travel agent was just easier at least i knew what i was doing and where i was staying plus new i had somewhere to stay

Default_avatar

yea ive got it organised 4 when i get there but not after the tour as im not quite sur wot im doen but i should prob organise at least few nights in london after the tour

• 6 Jul 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au
    quote:
    Originally posted by shell01:
    and riverstar if u dont mind me asking, which europe tour are you doing after this 1?

lol not at all!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Doing the Winter Wanderer on the 23rd of October and am actually looking at doing a short topdeck tour after that before I go home (just a 7 day one)! gonna be jam packed holiday!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 6 Jul 2010 bel_kate86 said

Default_avatar

I’ve only organised accommodation before my first tour and in between that tour and this one. But I havent organised accommodation for after this tour as I’m thinking about maybe staying in Dublin for a couple of extra nights. Will see what happens. Everyone I’ve spoken to who has travelled before has said don’t book accommodation as you never know where you will end up Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

thats true, thanx 4 the advice Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> n Jen i thought about doing the winter wanderer but im not sure, better hurry up n make my mind up! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->, you’ve definatly got a jam packed holiday but it’ll be worth every minute of it, i wouldnt be able 2 book another 1 while im over there cos dont they need notice n stuff?

• 7 Jul 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au
    quote:
    Originally posted by shell01:
    thats true, thanx 4 the advice Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> n Jen i thought about doing the winter wanderer but im not sure, better hurry up n make my mind up! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->, you’ve definatly got a jam packed holiday but it’ll be worth every minute of it, i wouldnt be able 2 book another 1 while im over there cos dont they need notice n stuff?

Not to sure about that?? I guess if the tour isn’t full you could just book it in the contiki basement but you’d have to pay it all when you book!?!? I’m just guessing? How long do you have up your sleeve before you have to fly home??

quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1151885: But I havent organised accommodation for after this tour as I’m thinking about maybe staying in Dublin for a couple of extra nights. Will see what happens.

I’m doing that!! I’ve actually booked accom in dublin for the following night but I’m not sure where I’ll be going after that so haven’t booked anything else yet!!

• 7 Jul 2010 shell01 said

Default_avatar

yea i might ring them n find out, i was originally only going 2 stay till the 19th oct so that only gives me a few days but im going 2 change my return flight so i dont know how long ill be there for, just depends on what i end up doing haha i figure i might as well have a look at more places while im over that way Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 8 Jul 2010 bel_kate86 said

Default_avatar

Jen, Where abouts are you going to stay in Dublin? I was thinking I might just decide what I’m going to do when I’m actually on the tour and if I want to stay in Dublin or not.

• 8 Jul 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

@ Shell – May as well make the most of it!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> I don’t know when I’ll be coming back to Europe so just trying to cram as much in as possible so I don’t regret missing anything along the way!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

@Explorer1151885 – I’m staying here: https://www.clontarfcastle.ie/ I REALLY wanted to stay in a castle and this was the closest and most affordable to Dublin :P I thought a little luxury after killing my liver on Contiki might be good for me!! lol Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 9 Jul 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

how are people thinking of travelling from the airport to the royal national. i have been looking at hotel by bus as i dont really wanna go on the tube in early morning. hotel by bus works out around 22.50 pounds

• 9 Jul 2010 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Hi Kylie

I’m catching the shuttle bus. I think it was about $40.00. My travel agent did it all for me

• 9 Jul 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

oh really. well my travel agent was useless then the only thing they suggested was the tube and nothing else. i can book it myself through the hotel by bus website do you reckon that would be a good idea or just organise it at the airport when i get there???

• 9 Jul 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I’m using just going to use the tube, got my Oyster card in the mail yesterday!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 10 Jul 2010 Lisa said

Default_avatar

It’s up to you. I would book it before hand so them you know it’s all taken care of. I figure after such a long flight the last thing you will want to worry about is organising how you are going to get to the hotel.

• 14 Jul 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

aiport/hotel transfers all organised through hotel by bus only 39 pound for both…..

• 14 Jul 2010 joe_bloggs said

joe_bloggs

I felt quite safe on the tube to be honest. What time are you flying in? You can always hang around at the airport for an hour or two plus checkin isn’t until 2pm anyway.

I’m staying an extra two days in London after the tour before heading off to Iceland then Amsterdam and Paris. Not sure what I’m doing after that. I’ll make it up as I go.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.