Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Great Britain & Ireland 1ST OCTOBER 2010

2 Dec 2009 Lisa said

Default_avatar
Hi

I'm going on this tour and would like to hear from anyone else who is.
I'm from Australia and am travelling solo.
  • 15 Jul 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

i fly in to heathrow at 5.40am so would rather get to hotel leave luggage at concierge desk and go walk around a litte then just crash out later to bed

• 20 Jul 2010 shell01 said

Default_avatar

hi every1 Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> ive decided 2 book the european discovery as well…mays well make the most of it while over there, i see use have been talking bout getting 2 the hotel, i think my transfers are included, is it easy 2 use the tube??

• 21 Jul 2010 Explorer1167216 said

Default_avatar

hey guys! im going on the 1st of october tour aswell! im from south east melbourne and im doing it all solo. im only 19, never flown or been overseas and im already freaking out/extremely exited. it be awsome to at least be familiar with some people before hand.cheers Roxanne

• 3 Aug 2010 kylee1986 said

Default_avatar

hey if anyone wants to add me to facebook search kylee.walsh@hotmail.com. if your adding me add a msg so i know who you are lol

• 5 Aug 2010 Explorer1201896 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone,

I just discovered this forum. I am also doing this tour solo. Add me on facebook so we can chat before we go :-) (Hayley Moran) Is anyone else from brisbane on here??

:-)

• 5 Aug 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

Hi Hayley!!!! Come and join the facebook group here:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/gro…=311317192419&ref=ts

there are a bunch of us there at the moment Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    YAY for less than 2 months to go!!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 11 Aug 2010 Explorer1197164 said

Default_avatar

Are there there any Canadians travelling on this tour?

• 19 Aug 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1197164:
    Are there there any Canadians travelling on this tour?

Hey! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Ian is from Canada (I think he’s one of the “Explorer” id’s here). Are you going on this one too? Come and join the facebook page if so Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 27 Aug 2010 Explorer1197164 said

Default_avatar

We are getting super excited about our first trip to the UK. We have our fingers crossed for nice weather….Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Looks like there is still room on the trip so maybe it won’t be a full bus?? Any other Canadians travelling on this trip?

• 27 Aug 2010 Explorer1197164 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    We are getting super excited about our first trip to the UK. We have our fingers crossed for nice weather….Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Looks like there is still room on the trip so maybe it won’t be a full bus?? Any other Canadians travelling on this trip?

I do see now that Ian is from Canada. We are about 2 hours north of where he lives. Too cool!!!

• 28 Aug 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au
    quote:
    Looks like there is still room on the trip so maybe it won’t be a full bus??

hehe we did get full a few months ago then suddenly weren’t, Kylie had a look into it with Contiki and apparently they are running two buses?? guess we’ll have to wait and see!

• 31 Aug 2010 Explorer1197164 said

Default_avatar

Are we all meeting up for dinner on the day that we arrive? I think I read that somewhere..

• 9 Sep 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au
    quote:
    Are we all meeting up for dinner on the day that we arrive? I think I read that somewhere..

For sure!! We’ll all get to catch up at the pre tour meeting thingy plus I think alot of people are staying at the Royal National before hand so we’ll probably run into each other there earlier!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 9 Sep 2010 Explorer1197164 said

Default_avatar

awesome – we are arriving very early on the 30th so we will catch up with a few zzz’s (we booked that morning in at the hotel) and then are doing a couple of touristry things that aren’t included on the tour. I presume we will run into each other somewhere! Are you staying at the Royal National?

Default_avatar

BTW….I picked up our package today and are super excited! I don’t think the others are yet but they better be soonSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Default_avatar

I am just reading here that we there is a pre-departure meeting at 6pm on the night before we depart.

• 10 Sep 2010 sarah_b90 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!! I’m Sarah from sunny Queensland. This trip will be my first time overseas…can’t wait to meet everyone!

• 11 Sep 2010 said

Default_avatar

i am also doing this but only ireland i will be spending four weeks there i am also from victoria i live the dandy rangers a little town called selby Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Sep 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au
    quote:
    awesome – we are arriving very early on the 30th so we will catch up with a few zzz’s (we booked that morning in at the hotel) and then are doing a couple of touristry things that aren’t included on the tour. I presume we will run into each other somewhere! Are you staying at the Royal National?

Surely am!! Am arriving very early morning on the 29th so will be staying there for 2 nights before hand Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    I am so ringing my travel agent this week….everyone seems to be getting their travel docs except me Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion