Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer December 2014 advice?

5 Jan 2014 Holly Brooke B asked

Holly Brooke B

Hi all
I'm going on this tour with a friend at the end of this year and it's my first trip overseas. I was just wanting any advice or tips about anything really. Especially what's the best things to see on the free days in each country. What were people's favourite's when it comes to the optionals?
I'm wanting to be as prepared as I can be or at least have an idea of what are the best things to see.

• 6 Jan 2014 Lauren said

Lauren

Hey Holly what dates are you going we might be on the same tour!
    I have done a contiki before i did one in summer last year but im going to do this one in December this year solo though. I loved prague, munich and florence the most, pack light you always end up going shopping. Save as much money as you can the more the better. Be prepared for late nights and sleeping on the coach. I did pretty much all the optionals some werent as good as others but you got to spend time with the group which always made it fun. Dinners are a must even if they are crapy meals though its always good company.

• 6 Jan 2014 Holly Brooke B said

Holly Brooke B

Mine starts on the 27th :-D and thank you! Ill be prepared for lots of coach napping lol

• 16 Jan 2014 chloedipane said

chloedipane

Hey Lauren – Im doing the Winter Wanderer starting on the 12 Dec 2014. When are you going?

• 22 Jan 2014 Lisa said

Lisa

Hey, one of my friends did this at the beginning of last year and said most of the optionals were good, the only one she really didn’t like was the eye spy Berlin. I was also told to save heaps and wear layers.

• 25 Jan 2014 Brittany said

Brittany

Hey, I’m going on the 17th Dec! Heres hoping its great fun!

• 29 Jan 2014 Jade said

Jade

My partner & I are doing this one departing 23 Jan 15 :) So excited for Europe!!!

• 29 Jan 2014 Holly Brooke B said

Holly Brooke B

The days are going by so quickly I can’t wait for it!

• 5 Apr 2014 Kendall said

Kendall

Hey Holly, I will also be going to the winter wonderland at the end of this year on the 27th! Very excited to go :) working my butt off so I know i have a lot of spending money ;)

• 6 Apr 2014 Holly Brooke B said

Holly Brooke B

I know saving is hard lol ive never been good at it but I’m trying hard lol. The trip is going to be so much fun :-D

• 6 Apr 2014 Kendall said

Kendall

I know! Just sight see all day and party all night! Haha, we will not be getting any sleep that’s for sure!

• 3 Sep 2014 Japanne said

Japanne

Hi Brittany, I’m on same tour. Jess

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion