Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone planning to do the Grand Southern in May 2009?

1 May 2008 PonyGirl_Downunder asked

Default_avatar
Just woundering if anyone is planning to do the tour in May. I have booked the tour and just waiting untill I here back from my travel agent. Can't wait everyone knowns that I'm going to the U.S.A. Also doing the Big Apple tour after this tour finish's.

Big Grin
  • 17 May 2008 dayna-maree said

dayna-maree

hey there,im planning on doing the grandsouthern and the big apple tour about that time next year..feel free to add me on msn if you would like to chat more wild_racer_chic@hotmail.com

have fun Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 May 2008 PonyGirl_Downunder said

Default_avatar

Hay. Cool. Should be an great tour. My friends over there at his sisters place in the U.S.A and the weather is cool. I don’t have msn, only an facebooker or my space. Where abouts are you from? I’m from Melbourne. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 27 May 2008 Chelle said

Default_avatar

i’m thinking of doing it then.. i want to go to Nashville for Fan Fair early June too.. so will see what the dates are..

Getting pumped for it tho.. cant wait!!

• 27 May 2008 Chelle said

Default_avatar

I was gonna book it but my travel agent said that the prices arent out for May 09. Apparantly they’re not out until Nov Dec this year..

• 3 Jun 2008 karlao said

Default_avatar

Hi all

i to am hoping to do the grand southern this time next year. I have done the states in winter and would love to go in summer apparently this time of year is really nice not to hot yet!
    Is anyone planning on spending a few days in LA before and NYC after?

• 13 Jun 2008 ilana182 said

ilana182

I’m planning to do the Grand Southern (LA-NY) in April/May 2009 … I’m not totally 100% though. I’ll be going by myself and I’m a bit nervous … will you be by yourself or in a group?

• 15 Jun 2008 karlao said

Default_avatar

i will be going by myself also i have done a europe tour before bymyself also and loved it so i am sure i will be the same on this. Honestly, a lot of people go by themselves gives you the chance to meet heaps of people and do what you want when you want to do it.
    Where are you from?

• 16 Jun 2008 ilana182 said

ilana182

I’m 21, from Sunshine Coast, QLD. How about you?

• 16 Jun 2008 Pervy said

Pervy

Hey PonyGirl_Downunder, what date is it you have “booked” for. I’m looking at doing the Southern at the end of May or start of June. Plan to spend time in Anaheim before and NYC after.

• 16 Jun 2008 PonyGirl_Downunder said

Default_avatar

Hay. I’m going by myself, not realy scared of doing it by my self. I think I’m planning for the start of May. Be doing either the 4 days in L.A before staring this tour or the 4 days in New York have not yet decided or if I have saved alot of money I’ll do the 3 tours (helps when I just recieved an $159 dollar pay rise).

What can I say about myself. I’m 23 going on 24 next month, an shortie, live in an cold little town about an hour out of Melbourne, an Manager at Maccas, have 4 ponies that I show and owne myself and an huge CARLTON fan (don’t hold that against me) and avery accident prone

Have 2 take my jumper with me caues an couple of the guys who play for the Blues want me to wear it at every land mark and get an photo. My luck I’ll prop loss it some where.

• 16 Jun 2008 karlao said

Default_avatar

I am 26 from Adelaide
    I was meant to do this tour late last year however i got myself a new job and it just didnt work out but all is good as now i get to go in summer and meet more new people!
    I went into Flight Centre the other week and they told me to wait till aug/sept when they have their usa expo can get some great disocunts and contiki should have there prices and dates for next may out by then! I am sure the expo will be in every state, just a tip!

• 18 Jun 2008 Megs806 said

Default_avatar

Hi
    I am planning on doing the GS LA-NY in May or June, I will be in LA a few days before and then heading after the GS I am going to the GN so i will end up back in LA. I am thinking of staying maybe a week longer in LA!! I guess that depends on the money situation!!
    I am from Canberra, 20 years old – will be 21 by the time we go!!!
    Travelling by myself which is a little scary but I am sure it will be awesome!! Keen to have a great time and lots of drinking!!!

• 22 Jun 2008 Dee said

Default_avatar

Im planning to do this tour beginning of June 09. Planning a couple of days in LA before tour and NY after. I’ll be travelling solo, Im 24 from Adelaide.

• 22 Jun 2008 karlao said

Default_avatar

Hi Dee
    I am from Adelaide as well and i am 26 and like you will be travelling alone. I am waiting for the dates to come out but it looks like may/june i will be doing the tour i cant wait! I am also hoping to spend a few days before in LA and Hollywood and New York i love so will defiantly be there for a few days, have oyu done contiki before?

• 24 Jun 2008 Dee said

Default_avatar

Hay Karlao
    Yeah I’ve been to Europe solo and done the London to Athens tour, which was great and loved it but would really like to travel with someone to USA just too be with someone in LA and NY was also considering San Fan and Hawaii.

• 24 Jun 2008 karlao said

Default_avatar

hey dee
    i am also hoping to see san fran and do hawaii on the way home (to chill a little after tour!) have you got a friend to come with you or going to go solo like me!

• 24 Jun 2008 Dee said

Default_avatar

Hey Karlao
    Yeah im going solo like yaself. But maybe it might be nice if we go the same time and have someone to visit the other places with…something to thik about…

• 24 Jun 2008 karlao said

Default_avatar

yeah im up for that! Do you have msn? my email is karlaott@hotmail.com feel free to add me or send us an email!

• 2 Jul 2008 Kristy said

Kristy

hey im kristy, looking to do the GRand southern in june/july next year and spend a few days in LA and NY before and after the tour.

Anyone else looking at going at this time?

• 2 Jul 2008 Megs806 said

Default_avatar

Hey there
    A lot of us are looking at around May June and doing the GS LA- NY
    Are you travelling by yourself??
    I am so excited for it!!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.