Community_discussions_small  

Question

Busy School Holidays in Feb/March??

20 Jan 2008 Explorer1086755 asked

Default_avatar
Hi i am trying to work out the best time for theme parks at end feb/middle march does anyone know of any major holidays we should aviod theme parks for during this time??
  • 21 Jan 2008 HD1712 said

HD1712

I believe Easter is earlier this year
    March 21 – 24 so no doubt school holidays will be around this time. Well they are in Australia.

• 22 Jan 2008 Explorer1086755 said

Default_avatar

thanks guys i wasnt sure!!! :-)

• 24 Feb 2008 Explorer1086755 said

Default_avatar

Are the school breaks your talking about in california too??sounds like well pick busy time :-(

• 24 Feb 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

School breaks will depend on the area/region. In NYC schools were generally off for President’s week. In Pennsylvania, they were in school presidents week. Easter week is a popular time, but with it so close to Presidents day, it’s probably not as popular.

One way to get a feel for how many kids will be off of school for a week would be to look at the Walt Disney World Park hours – when they are expecting large crowds (ie kids off of school) they extend their hours greatly.

• 24 Feb 2008 Kristi said

Kristi

The best time to go to theme parks is during the week (they are much more crowded on the weekends). Spring break doesn’t start until the middle of march for most people (for me March 15th) and continues into the beginning of April. They try and split up the weeks so that not EVERYONE has off at the same time (so traveling is not quite so crazy). Have fun and make sure if you are planning on going to Disneyland to target the fastpass tickets throughout the day which saves a lot of time. Also if you don’t mind riding alone, you can ask if there is a single rider line which cuts you to the front of the line!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion