Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Best of USA Feb 2010

27 Oct 2009 stasia09 said

Default_avatar
Hi Guys,
Ive booked this tour and I'm looking to chat to anyone who is traveling start date Feb 13 2010 til Feb 25 2010, I'm from Brisbane and can't wait! I'll be traveling with a friend and we would love to chat!
  • 2 Dec 2009 gabs said

Default_avatar

Hello,

I am also doing this trip with a friend. We are also in Brisbane. I have heard wonderful things about this trip. Can’t wait for NewYork. Have you heard from anyone else on the tour yet? Im still working out this forum thing. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 Dec 2009 Dave said

Dave

Hi I’m from brissy two.. I’m also doin this trip in february.. I can’t wait for Disneyland and NewYork.. I just turned 21 in September so will be able to drink and Vegas.. First time overseas and I’m goin alone ahah.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 Dec 2009 gabs said

Default_avatar

Hi Dave,

what day are you thinking of doing disneyland? what day do you land in LA. We are going to be there the day before and thinking of doing disneyland then. I have been to the states before but I was 15 then. Have never been to NY or Vegas I can’t wait! going alone you brave man.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Nah Its going to be a fantastic time I have only heard wonderful things about this trip.

• 21 Dec 2009 Hayden said

Hayden

Hi Guys,

Me and my friend are going on this tour. We are both from Townsville but departing from Brisbane. Pretty pumped for the trip

• 26 Dec 2009 Dave said

Dave

Hi Gabs,, umm I’m going to be flying out on the 12th and arriving in L.A on the 12th early in the morning soo might get settled in first before the next day (13th contiki tours starts).. And might do Disneyland and Universal Studios on 2 of those 3 days in L.A.. I’m also staying in L.A for a night (25th) after when the trip concludes in New York and flying out late the next night (26th).. So I could also do Disneyland or Universal Studios than as well,, so that I have a lot more time spending in site seeing in L.A.. Yeah being alone is kinda scary, but being in a contiki group get’s rid of the nerves lol.. Hayden that sounds awesome man.. Sounds like a few from Qld are going.. I think its going to be kinda chilly over there in February. Just wanna know what people are taking in season clothes wise??..

• 18 Jan 2010 gabs said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone!

I have already started the count down. Weather is going to be very cold in NewYork Im thinking of buying warm cloths in Vegas its cheap and warmer then what we can get here considering its the middle of summer! Dave Im flying out on the 12th as well I get my tickets and all that information on Sunday. Are you staying at the contiki accomodation on the 12th? I think I arrive with my freind the morning of the 12th as well. Hayden what flight are you on to LA? How exciting really can’t wait, its going to be heaps of fun Vegas here we come..

• 18 Jan 2010 gabs said

Default_avatar

Do you guys have facebook?

• 18 Jan 2010 Dave said

Dave

Yeah I’m staying at the same contiki accommodation for the 12th, so that I can casually wake up in the morning to meet the group instead of finding it difficult from a different location in L.A.. I got my Contiki itinerary the other week ago. You get your own baggage tag and a lot of other goodies included.. All I’m waiting on now is my usd pocket money cash to come in this week, in which I purchased on Friday.. Was around .9038Usd which isn’t too bad.. Loving the exchange rate at the moment..

• 23 Jan 2010 gabs said

Default_avatar

We are staying at the same place! Would you like to meet up for dinner? Save you being alone in a new place Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> What time is your flight out of brisbane we are leaving at 12.00 on the 12th.. The exchange is great! Im cashing in some very soon!! Are you using trav. cheques or one of those cash passport things?

• 24 Jan 2010 Dave said

Dave

o ok awesome,,Umm yeah Dinner sounds good.. ahaha Are you really flying out at 12:00(pm or am??),, cause in fact,,I’m actually flying outta Brisbane at 12:00 midday on the 12th two.. With Vaustralia.. Yeah I got myself some small side cash to take with me, but also mainly a Travel Card to use at any Visa atm/eftpos machines.. With the Vegas location like you said it looked a little dodgy. I probably agree with you, but I got told that you don’t really worry about your motel only if there’s a bed to sleep in, cause your always out and about doing stuff.. But I guess I’m still a little worried about it tho ahahah. I’ve been on google street view all week to check out all the places around each accommodation to get familiar with some stuff..

• 30 Jan 2010 gabs said

Default_avatar

Great! Well Im sure we will meet at the airport I would say. We are flying with Qantas at noon from brisbane. I heard there is a shuttle bus that leaves from the LA airport that we can get out to our accomodation. Also there is a information night on at 8.00pm the night before in the hotel so im sure there will be heaps of us there early. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> How exciting! Great idea about google maps im so excited it isn’t long now. I agree with Vagas not like alot of sleeping will be happening on this trip. Im looking into a travel card Visa thing this week. Hope you can just get it right away or im alittle screwed! Well im not sure how we will meet haha but dinner sounds like a good plan im traveling with my freind lauren as well. Have you spoken to anyone else on our tour?

• 2 Feb 2010 stasia09 said

Default_avatar

Hi Dave!
    I think I will be on the same flight as you, my friend and I are also flying out of Brisbane with Vaustralia on the 12th at 12:00 midday.
    I’m so excited can’t wait, would love to meet up at the airport if you are interested?

• 3 Feb 2010 Dave said

Dave

ooo wow ahah small world.. wow I didn’t know about the group meeting the night before hand, cool we should all have some sought of like group dinner night. Yeah I read somewhere on the contiki site that there is a shuttle bus running from L.A.X to Anaheim stay, not to sure what times it runs on tho, probably every 30 minutes or something and its cheap. I got my anz travel card straight away at the locked in usd rate, if that’s any help gabs. that’s awesome stasia about what I said before being a small world, that we are on the same flight ahahah.. yeah should all meet up at the airport, tho I haven’t left Australia before and I’ll most likely have so many things on my mind about customs and if I’ve got everything. I’ll be like arghh,, anyways umm yeah definitely not long now,, like a week away.. I’ve been watching the temperatures lately with all the places and New York’s been the coldest like –2c today ahahah, But vegas, San Francisco and Anaheim is around the 18c mark which isn’t too bad.. I’ve been watching Dave Letterman and his been making jokes about how cold it is over there ahhaha, thinking of going to see one of his shows while in New york one night, just to experience it ahahha Smiler<!-graemlin::)—> ..

• 3 Feb 2010 Hayden said

Hayden

Hi Guys,

We are flying out of Brissy on the 11th around 12pm with Qantas. Will be staying at the contiki hotel in Anaheim the night prior to the tour so will be good to catch up with everyone then.

gabs im on facebook too – http://www.facebook.com/HaydenLynam

Only a week away can’t wait!

• 4 Feb 2010 gabs said

Default_avatar

7 days guys! Wooo Its a deal we shall all meet up either at the airport or accomodation just look for the overly excited girls! Perfect Hayden I shall add you. It is snowing in NewYork how lucky are we!! Dave you will be right with customs just follows the rules and you will have no trouble!! Cant wait to meet you all Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Feb 2010 gabs said

Default_avatar

Hayden we are on the same flight!!

• 4 Feb 2010 Dave said

Dave

Yayyah,,,this time next Friday will be cruising on out.. I just hope it doesn’t rain as much when in all the places,, except if it snows I’ll definitely be excited ahahah.. oo’yeah my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/SparkyDaz ..

• 6 Feb 2010 Goran1 said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,
    Mate and I are also doing the BEST of USA on Feb 13. Hope to meet u all there. Flying out from Melbourne on Thursday. CAN’T WAIT!!
    See u all in Anaheim! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 Feb 2010 Dave said

Dave

Wow awesome to hear Goran. I’m currently getting nervous about it snowing in New York cause of flights getting delayed.. I’m hoping all the flights are still good to go after the tour ends ahaha.. Just one last quick question in the way of taking some winterish gear.. Whats everyone’s checked baggage going to be like?? how many kg’s?? 23kgs is the maximum supposedly with American airlines and 32kgs for Vaustralia or something like that.

• 9 Feb 2010 Goran1 said

Default_avatar

Dave – Yeah the weather in NY is ridiculous its currently averaging 0-3 deg haha
    Contiki have a maximum on baggage limit aswell its 20kgs i think. as for airlines its 23kg i think. Mines 17kg at the moment, think i gotta buy extra winter gear over there though haha! Cya soon mate!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.