Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Triple Share Question For Moderators- have already searched the threads for an answer

6 Nov 2008 adam said

Default_avatar
Hey. I am traveling with friends on the winter wanderer in January. We have decided to save money and go with the triple share option.

My questions are:

- Do the hotels that we stay at just cram another bed into a double share room? I understand that there can be limited room with the double share and im concerned a triple share would be worse.

-Is the third bed a proper bed or can it be a portable fold out bed that hotels have?

- Do people who chose to triple share get put on different levels then the people who double share? I understand that people who opt for their own room can ofter be put on different levels to everyone else and as a result, are left out of some of the fun that goes on.

- Is there any chance of changing from a triple to double share once we have started the tour, and realise that triple is not suited for us? Obviously we would pay the money that we were originally discounted.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
  • 7 Nov 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

The accomodations are going to depend upon the hotel. Some places are local B&B types of places where every room is unique. Other places are more typical hotels where the rooms are more standardized. My TM said that in the triples the third bed is sometimes obvious and sometimes you have to look for it, it could be a fold out couch.

I had a triple room in one hotel where it was just a bigger room with an extra bed in the same hallway as everyone else.

We had one group of 3 on my tour and they never complained about the accomodations, but then I wasn’t terribly close to them either.

I don’t think that once the tour has started they will be able to change the accomodations as they are all pre-booked before your tour even starts.

• 7 Nov 2008 adam said

Default_avatar

thanks for that.

Can anybody who has done a triple share contiki trip please see if they can answer the same questions. Also, please state which trip you attended.

THANKS!

• 9 Nov 2008 Nyclizzo said

Nyclizzo

I recently did the European Magic and did the triple share with two strangers…

Every hotel room we got was bigger than a double room, except one time in Switzerland..it was a little cramped, but we were only there for one day anyway

The third bed was always a proper bed…the hotel in munich we actually had a small suite and the third bed was a pullout couch

We weren’t excluded from the other group at all…We actually always got rooms on the lower floors which was good b/c in St Goar and Paris there were no elevators

And I would think that you wouldn’t be able to change your mind b/c they would have to give you a double room with your friend and a single room to the other person (which might upset them too)…You’ll be fine!! Your honestly hardly in the rooms at all!

• 9 Nov 2008 adam said

Default_avatar

hey Nyclizzo. Thanks for you advise! We are actually in a group of 6 (2 triple share rooms) so we could do 3 double share rooms.

• 10 Nov 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

Adam, keep in mind that contiki uses several hotels in every city so they might each have different versions of a 3 person room. Also, you’ll have 3 people fight over the shower instead of 2.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion