Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Staying in Europe After the Tour

11 Sep 2008 Heather said

Heather
Is it common for people to stay in Europe after the tour ends and do more traveling on your own, perhaps with someone you met on the tour?? If/when I go, I will most likely have quit my job and won't be in any hury to come home and if I make a friend who wants to travel more, I would love to do that (being a 24 year old American female I figure I shouldn't go alone). If anyone has the same thoughts let me know!
  • 11 Sep 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Oh I was in the same boat – got sick of la job, picked out 2 tours and 3 weeks later found myself on a 42 day trip around Europe. Once I got back, there were no jobs to be had for the last quarter of the year Oct-Dec since companies want to wrap up their financials. So I sat on my arse and wrote a travelogue. Had I known that I would not have a job til Feb, I would’ve tacked on 2 more months of Europe and … well that’s just me. If you find someone on tour who’s in the same boat afterward with similar destination interests … journey for as long as you can! Just don’t run out of moolah.

- Vic

• 11 Sep 2008 Heather said

Heather

Ya I’m a little worried about the money part since the US dollar isn’t doing too well in Europe. But when else am I going to get the chance to travel like this, right? Better do it now!

• 11 Sep 2008 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I’d say up to half the people on mine stayed and traveled around Europe or did it before the trip. I know 2 girls stayed for 2 more months, one guy for 3 months, and another guy is still traveling last I heard (tour was over end of May). I stayed a few days at the final city since I had to be back otherwise I wouldve gone around more. Lot of people found out where others were going and planned to meet up but not necessarily stayed together the whole time.

When you book a tour check the meeting place section for others on your tour and you can discuss tentative plans there

• 12 Sep 2008 Ness said

Default_avatar

im hanging out in Italy for a month after before heading to the UK to work… luckily i have an uncle in Milan so free place to stay….Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 18 Sep 2008 Explorer1112961 said

Default_avatar

Hi,

i finished the 45 day Ultimate European on the 26th June this year, after ther tour me and my friend went and worked on a greek island for 6 weeks, then we visited Rhodes, Barcelona, Valencia for La Tomatina, Madrid and now we are in Edinburgh where we have stopped to wotrk and live for a while before jetting off again next summer… ive had the time of my life and i highly recomend staying, its so easy to travel europe… if you want to ask me any questions my email is kelly_may@y7mail.com

oh and there are plenty of girls your age and younger doing ti by themselves… ive met more girls backpacking alone than guys… you meet people evrywhere you go.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.