Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ultimate European + Egypt Aug 28 2011

6 Dec 2010 Kerrie477 said

Kerrie477
Hi Everyone

I have booked to go on the Ultimate European with Egypt option (on the last tour of the year) the August 28th departure.

Anybody else booked on this tour? I am travelling solo so it would be nice to chat to some people before we meet in Europe!
  • 6 Jan 2011 Explorer1226201 said

Default_avatar

Hey, my partner and I are doing this tour as well. Really looking forward to it…. counting down to departure and trying to pay the dam thing off lol

• 9 Jan 2011 Kayla said

Default_avatar

Hey
    I am also going solo on this tour except i am doing the greek island option. only 32 weeks and 5 days Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Jan 2011 Kerrie477 said

Kerrie477

Wow this is so exciting…. its actually starting to feel real now there are other people on the tour too!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 Jan 2011 Explorer1226924 said

Default_avatar

So that makes 4 of us lol. Hey, does anyone know how many people actually go on this tour? I thought I saw a post saying there was about 40 or 45 people. Thats heaps, more than I was expecting. We did a South American tour and there was only 15 of us.

• 11 Jan 2011 Kerrie477 said

Kerrie477

YAY 4!

I think it can be up to 45 but maybe because ours is a Guarenteed departure it may not get full so there could be less!! but we might just have to wait and see….

• 13 Jan 2011 Kayla said

Default_avatar

Are you guys going backpack or suitcase??

• 13 Jan 2011 Explorer1226924 said

Default_avatar

We are going back pack. It’s easier to get around that way. More mobile. When you’ve gotta pack the bags on the bus etc. they are more maneovarable. It may be a bit more difficult with a suitcase but I guess its up to you if you wanted to take one.

• 26 Jan 2011 Andii_82 said

Andii_82

Hellloooo. Im also doing this tour with my partner.. Wish time would just fly and be August already. Were also taking backpacks.After doing two other trips overseas with them, they are just so much more flexible and convenient when compared to suitcases. :-)

• 28 Jan 2011 Explorer1226924 said

Default_avatar

Hey Andrea, my partner and I are also going. Where are you guys from?

• 8 Feb 2011 Kayla said

Default_avatar

Were are you guys from?? im from Perth

• 27 Mar 2011 Explorer1226924 said

Default_avatar

Hey Kayla, my partner and I are from We fly out a few days before the tour and then have about 3 weeks after the tour to do a bit of our own exploring around England, Scotland and Ireland.

• 11 Apr 2011 Kerrie477 said

Kerrie477

Hey Kayla

I am from Christchurch New Zealand….. Less than 4 months now til Im off and just over 4 until we will be on tour!

• 19 Apr 2011 Paul SE said

Paul SE

Hi Guys, Looks like I’m on this one as well. Really looking forward to it now, I’m also going on the Great Britain tour before hand for fun.
    Paul

• 19 Apr 2011 Paul SE said

Paul SE

I also made up a facebook group if you’d like to join https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_218390774844350

• 20 Apr 2011 Explorer1226924 said

Default_avatar

I’m all joined up Paul.

• 21 Apr 2011 Kayla said

Default_avatar

im joined up too. I cant wait to go just over 18 weeks until it all starts :)

• 21 Apr 2011 Paul SE said

Paul SE

yes but 18 weeks is way too far away…

• 26 Apr 2011 Breeya said

Breeya

Hi guys! I’m in the process of hopefully joining you. Apart from a few weeks in Thailand i’ve never been overseas and (at the ripe old age of 26 ;P) i’m getting to the point where i think if i don’t do it now i just never will. Only issue is my boyfriend in my ear telling me it will be a horrible experience if i go alone – he’s not much of a traveller. Being a reasonably timid person i’m already shitting myself enough but figure if i can get on a plane solo and actually get there once the group meets we’ll all be so excited and just start talking and i’ll be fine? Thoughts? I just think the experience of a lifetime is around the corner and i’ll be forever kicking myself if i pass it up!

• 26 Apr 2011 Kerrie477 said

Kerrie477

HI Breeya

I am doing this solo as well and I have only ever travelled from New Zealand to Australia and I am 24. I am feeling much the same but I know when I get there and we meet everyone it will be fine!! I am fortunate to be flying to London with a friend but I will be doing contiki alone… so we can stress together til we go but it will be AMAZING so just book!! haha (and if you do decide to come join the tours facebook page then we can chat til its time)

Kerrie

• 26 Apr 2011 Explorer1226924 said

Default_avatar

Hey Breeya,
    All good going by yourself. I’ve done one other tour in South America and most people there were by themselves. The solos always find someone in their group who they will get along with. My partner and I go off and do our own things sometimes anyway.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.