Community_discussions_small  

Question

First trip: would u recommend European Experience?

7 Jan 2014 KathleenHaines asked

KathleenHaines

I'm looking at going on my first Contiki trip this year and would like to go to Europe (July 2014).

I have looked at (and decided) on the European Experience Tour.

As this is my first Contiki and first time to Europe - would you suggest this tour? And if so, can you give me any hints, tips and suggestions?

I'm looking at going with a friend.

Thank you so much!

• 8 Jan 2014 Joe G said

Joe G

Yes, I would absolutely recommend the European Experience tour. It was the first trip I took when I was 18, and I am doing the same trip on 24 August, which will be my 4th and final Contiki holiday. It’s an awesome introduction to Europe. You get to see most of the major cities in western Europe, and you get to go to some out of the way places (ie. Beaujolis, Lauterbrunnen, and Hopfgarten). It’s 3 weeks, so you’re not locked into doing an extremely long trip your first time, and you can stretch your time out with a couple of extra days in London. If you stay at the Royal Naitonal, not only will you save money, but you can meet up with people from other tours and explore the city!!

My advice for you as a first timer is as follows: do every optional; take more spending money than you think you will need; pace yourself on your nights out, espically on travel days, the bus rides can be painful and long!; pick out major sights you want to see in each city and make it happen; don’t lock yourself into one clique of friends or isolate yourself with just your travel mate, mingle a bit; learn about food and drinks before you go, not only will you look like you know what you’re doing, but if you research the best places to eat or what street food is popular, people will be following you when it’s time for lunch!!; be fearless!! It’s your first time in Europe, do not let hang ups keep you from enjoying everything to the fullest; read other posts on these forums from girls about what to pack, there are some good ones; take photo copies and make digital scans of all your documents, I had my passport stolen on my first trip and it was a pain; take photos and try to keep a journal, you won’t regret it; finally, join the Facebook page I have a link to at the bottom and meet new people! I am still friends with the driver of my first European Experience trip and a couple of others.

Above all, have fun. It’s still the most important thing.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/162664740592715/

• 9 Jan 2014 KathleenHaines said

KathleenHaines

Thank you so much Joe!

• 10 Feb 2014 Kevin said

Kevin

Hello. do you know anyone going in April 2014?

• 24 Feb 2014 KathleenHaines said

KathleenHaines

No, sorry Kevin!

• 21 Apr 2014 Sean said

Sean

Bit of a bump, but is anyone going on European Experience July 4th 2014?

• 21 May 2014 Stryker said

Stryker

Im on this one but the 16th june one.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion