Community_discussions_small  

Question

Travelling july-aug SOLO is any1 else??

29 May 2007 Miss Sam asked

Default_avatar
Hey guys and gals,

Im looking at booking a contiki tour for late july through to aug either 8-12 days not to sure yet which one and was wanting some advice and to see if anyone else is travelling that time solo Wink

I was thinking greek islands

Thanks guys xo
  • 30 May 2007 bellyk said

bellyk

If your looking at booking something for this year then do it pretty soon otherwise you may find there’s nothing left!

• 30 May 2007 Robert said

Default_avatar

I just booked the European Discovery for 29 July to Aug 11. I’m going solo and was hesitant, but figured, you only live once so why not… Just do it!

• 31 May 2007 Bev24 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I’m a mid twenties girl looking to book a trip at end of July, beginning of Aug, possibly Greek Islands or Europe undecided at mo. Want mixture of culture and nightlife. Anyone want to persuade me where to go or also thinking about when to go and where?
    Bev xx

• 31 May 2007 Tammy said

Default_avatar

Hey Bev, I am also going solo on the European highlights 18 july to 31 July. you will be suprised at how many people go alone. but you do need to book quickly they sell out fast.

• 31 May 2007 Bev24 said

Default_avatar

Hi Tammy,

Have you been with Contiki before? Thanks for the advice about booking, shame I can’t do the 18th July need to go slightly later than this xx

• 31 May 2007 JOJO1983 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I am doing European Contrasts on July 19 to Aug, am travelling solo also, so would also like to meet up with anyone maybe to either do more travelling (depending on the money situation of course!) or possibly to start working in London. So if your stuck for friends around late August, my email is joanna.agar@gmail.com

Cant wait should be so exciting!!

Jo

• 6 Jun 2007 AlizaG said

Default_avatar

Hey There,
    I am traveling solo on the European Impressions tour July 31-Aug19! Really excited about experiencing Europe and meeting some great people on my trip!

-Aliza

• 13 Jun 2007 Gillian said

Default_avatar

I did the European Experience last summer, on my own. It was fantastic I would say 85% of the group were solo, so trust me no problem. I had such a great time, I’m going on the Scandanavia & Russia this summer.

• 14 Jun 2007 Tenille_oz said

Default_avatar

Go solo! Do it! I did a 25 day trip last year, and are still mates with lots of people on the trip. The first chic i sat next to on the bus, she’s one of my best friends to this day! EVeyrone is best friends by day 2, it makes no difference. also, its good to move out of your comfort zone. you’ll be fine!

• 15 Jun 2007 Rachelh said

Default_avatar

Don’t hesitate, just go solo. I think COntiki is the best organisation to book with when you’re a solo traveller.
    There are so many other ppl you can meet.

To Miss Sam & Bev24:
    You could book an In-Depth trip. Those trips go to just one or a few countries but you get to see a lot of that area.
    Tuscany: Florence, Siena, Rome
    Italian Espresso: Rome, Florence, Venice
    Simply Italy: Rome, Sorrento, Florence, La Spezia, Milan, Venice!!
    Mediterranean Highlights: Spain, France, Italy
    Spanish Spree: Barcelona, Madrid, Cordoba, Seville, Gibraltar, Granada, Ibiza
    Eastern Road: Germany, Szech Rep., Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland.

I believe these trips are all between 8-12 days.
    These trips are ideal if you have already seen the rest of Europe and you have special interest in the area you’re going to (Ie Italy, Spain, Eastern Europe).

If it’s sun, beach and water sports you’re after you can go to the Greek Islands.
    The Golden Fleece trip is also going to Athens and Istanbul so you’ll definitely find some culture there Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Am I persuasive????

• 16 Jun 2007 Brittany said

Default_avatar

hey sam-i’m doing a contiki tour of turkey that ends aug 11th and then going to the greek islands-santorini and mykonos afterwards alone… email me if u can bls292@aol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion