Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.


Inaugural Tour - April 30, who's going?

12 Aug 2010 PinaI asked

Who's planning to be a guinea pig for the first ever Rock n Soul? My husband and are certainly are! <BR><BR>It will be my third Contiki (but sixth ever tour) and his first.<BR><BR>We're "old", will be 33 and 31 when we go. From Perth, as my signature says.<BR><BR>Who else is coming?
  • Read the responses 6 responses so far
  • 24 Sep 2010 PinaI said


    FINALLY A REPLY!! Hey Byron, good to see someone else out there looking at the same trip!

    Definitely don’t worry about travelling alone, most of the people on tour will be solo travellers anyway. This will actually only be the second tour I have done with someone else…the other four I’ve done, I’ve done solo!

    Before and/or after…if you are going to be in the States and you have never been then you MUST go to New York, for at least a week. NY is amazing, so much to see and do and unlike any other place I have been to. We’ll probably be going from NY to Chicago for the tour (having come from Europe) and then afterwards heading to Vegas, Hawaii, Tokyo and back to Perth.

    Hopefully some other people will find us in here and then maybe you can plan some before and after trips with others who want to do the same thing…

    I can’t wait to finally sort ourselves out and book!

  • 29 Oct 2010 Katie said


    Hey all,my name katie,I looking at doing this tour in november,love to know what people of the tour before hand Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

  • 13 Nov 2010 Lotte said


    Doing the rock n soul tour in may

  • 28 Nov 2010 Explorer1209790 said


    Hi guys,
    does anyone have any know when these dates will be confirmed as a definite departure, because i am a bit worried about booking my fights around a tour that may not run.

    cheers byron

  • 28 Nov 2010 PinaI said


    The closest they can go is 45 days prior to departure. If, at that time, it’s still listed then it’s running. If not we’ll be advised that it’s cancelled.

    My husband and I were in the same boat but decided that, if that does happen, we’ll just spend a few more days in Chicago and then fly down to Memphis and spend a few days there and then fly/drive to New Orleans and catch our onward flight…not much else we can do!

    EDIT: The other thing to remember though is that you might be the booking that ticks it over the line and makes it run…if you don’t book, it might not run LOL!

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.



Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.