Community_discussions_small  

Comment

11 -30 July 2011 (European Experience)

12 Jan 2011 jess_is_contiki-ing said

Default_avatar
Hi to all the other lucky people doing this trip. Just wondering if anyone else is doing the trip on this date? Hopefully everyone is cashing up cause I'm looking forward to seeing the sites, a little(?) shopping and some great nights out! Only a few months now... Oh yeah!!! And to everyone doing this trip on another date - I hope you have an absolute blast!

I also have a few days free after this tour - but have no idea what I'm doing yet, but I guess the possibilities are endless!
  • 13 Mar 2011 Jenny26 said

Jenny26

@ Jess I think its perfect the meeting point because we will all have to leave our luggage at the hotel before we start exploring London Great Idea!!!

I hear you with the saving aspect. I’m still paying off the trip with my sis, plus saving for all the additional things we planned with my sister must do and spending money a lot to save for. I figure if by June I don’t have my spending money saved and just payed off the trip and the extras on the tour. I will do over time at work to get the money quick. I’m happy about vacation paid to not worry about bills back home. Makes it a bit of relief on that part. Good luck Jess with saving, I read the article contiki has about saving for the trip and it is not half bad.

@ Jade, Thanks for the advise I will not bring one you are totally right with Internet Cafes. I was going to more likely use it to maybe once in awhile check my work e-mails and download all the pics from my camera to free up memory cards. I figure everyday our cameras will be filled with pics. Yeah just thinking about it makes me so excited, I just had my hair re-done for the trip, can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ BigMike, after the meet and greet, we all definitely should go out for a drink or even a nightclub, me and my sis love dancing, I guess we will all decide at that time :)

• 13 Apr 2011 jess_is_contiki-ing said

Default_avatar

what time is everyone getting to heathrow airport and on what date? I should be arriving on the 10th July at around 1.30pm. Granted the planes are on time. I will be catching a train to the hotel from the airport – if anyone is going to be around at the time maybe we could also get the train together! I’m so excited. Ordered my luggage and have more of an idea of what I’m in for now. Not long now – 87 days! I can’t wait for the sunshine.

:)

• 13 Apr 2011 DanM said

Default_avatar

I arrive on the 10th too, I arrive a few hours earlier 10.15am from Munich flying lufthansa

• 14 Apr 2011 Chelsea said

Chelsea

hey guys, i’ll be on this tour too :)
    i was lucky enough to win the tour! i was already headed to London to visit my sister so i’ll be there from the 5th
    i’ll be travelling solo so heaps excited to meet you all!

• 14 Apr 2011 Trace said

Trace

I think we are flying in a few days earlier from Barcelona so we will already be in London on the 10th. WOW Chelsea you are so lucky. How did you win the trip? And even more lucky coz you have joined our tour =P Where abouts in NSW are you from?
    Getting closer now guys. I just wanna start packing already lol…

• 14 Apr 2011 Chelsea said

Chelsea

i’m about an hour south of sydney & it was a facebook app competition, 35 things to do before you’re 35 :)
    i know it feels like it’s creeping up so quickly, can’t wait

• 17 Apr 2011 An said

An

Hi everyone,

I’m so excited to see a lot of people on this trip. I’ve just finished booking and got the confirmation email. I ran into a little trouble though. Since I wanted to stay in London for a couple days after the trip ends, I booked the flight back on Monday, August 1st, at 12:50 PM. Well, it said 12:50 PM on the summary page, but when I got the email, it changed to 12:50 AM =( I wrote Contiki an email, but I know they won’t be able to get back right away since they don’t work on Sunday. Has anybody experienced something like this before?

Anybody interested in doing some sightseeing and clubbing in London with me after the trip ends? Let me know! =)

An

• 18 Apr 2011 Jenny26 said

Jenny26

An and Chelsea, its great you already signed up for this trip :)
    I arrive with my sister on July 10th at 7 am, anybody else’s flight arriving that early. If so we could meet at the airport to head to the hotel.

Jen

• 18 Apr 2011 jess_is_contiki-ing said

Default_avatar

Hi An, I will have a few days after the tour to do what I like… wasn’t sure what I was going to do and was going to decide once I worked out which place I liked the best. But it’s definately an option to spend a little more time in London.

Jen I think 7am is a great time to arrive… you really have the whole day to get organised and maybe even sneak in a nap if you need one!

Also well done Chelsea! The group is getting bigger!

:)

• 18 Apr 2011 DanM said

Default_avatar

Yeah im spending about a week after the trip in london too.

80 odd days to go not long now!

• 18 Apr 2011 jess_is_contiki-ing said

Default_avatar

hahaha so I’m not the only one doing a count down! I may end up spending longer in Europe again, I dont know if I’ll wanna come back straight away and my favourite djs are conveniently playing in ibiza around the time we are there! So I might have to make the trip there… I’m saving like a mad woman!

• 19 Apr 2011 An said

An

Everybody is so friendly here =)

@Jenny26: I planned to be in London early in the morning, but it seems like there’s some issue with my booking, so I might have to change. But if I can still get there around the time you get there, let’s get to the hotel together. I’ll keep you updated.

@jess_is_contiki-ing: Yeah, I wanna spend some time in London, but I’m definitely up for anything cool. Let’s see how it goes!

I can’t wait till then! =)

• 19 Apr 2011 Jenny26 said

Jenny26

@An: sounds like a plan, if your flight is near that time arrival, would be awesome to go to the hotel together from the airport. I see that you are from California that is great, my sister went to San Francisco last year, I have not had the pleasure of going there, but my sister said that it was just so great. We are both coming from Florida.

I bought at Barnes & Nobles a book from all Europe from Lonely Planet. So far it is great, since it is the latest edition it has current prices for transportation, restaurants, clubs and many more cool information. Once I have read it I might post some ideas on main attractions to see that first day in London since we arrive so early.

@Jess I am so jealous you are planning to go to Ibiza too bad it is after the tour since I do have to go back to work by then. I have on my nano ipod some of last years Ibiza mixes done by DJ’s there, the music is just great, you will definitely have tons of fun!!!

• 19 Apr 2011 jess_is_contiki-ing said

Default_avatar

I had a chat with my travel agent today and I’m pretty much happy to wing it after the tour and take my chances with what I do, but I have no doubt it will have something to do with seeing a dj I like! I’m really into my dancing and if I can see a dj I love in another country I think that will be an amazing experience! I cant wait to get to know everyone properly and yeah I think everyone seems really friendly too! You guys are making me more excited with every post!

• 6 May 2011 Mr.Bak^^ said

Mr.Bak^^

Hi to all
    My name is Bak,
    Note that not speak English well. (n.n)
    I’m booked in for this tour too.
    London, July 8 in South Korea is scheduled to depart,

• 7 May 2011 Jenny26 said

Jenny26

Hi Bak, glad you booked your tour, I am so counting the days down, can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 10 May 2011 DanM said

Default_avatar

Im booked in at the Royal National hotel on July 10th too!

• 13 May 2011 simmo91 said

simmo91

Hey guys!!!! so excited ive found a page with everyone on it!!!! Im luke from muswellbrook nsw, a small mining town in the hunter valley. ill be 19 when i head over, but turning 20 while we are at munich/ switz alps lol.

i cannot wait unitll europe!!! im heading over in june and will be doing the running of the bulls in san pamploma ( not how its spelt haha) and doing madrid, barcelona, and ibiza!!!!!!!!! also doing london at the start for a week. ill meet you guys in paris for the tour, which looks awesome and im very keen to meet everyone and party!!!!!!

After the tour im goin to stay in london in the contiki accomo for a week, then im heading to poland for 3 days, then greece for 3 days, then turkey for 4 days, then i might head home if i dont fall in love with europe lol. all up i will be over there for 2 and a half months!!!!! very exciting!!!!

if you guys have facebook add me :D this is the link below :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=602192202

Cannot wait, its goin to be off the hook!!!!!!

• 14 May 2011 DanM said

Default_avatar

I think thats an awesome excuse to party up big time if its your bday over there!!!

BTW im an apprentice electrican too hahaha

• 16 May 2011 simmo91 said

simmo91

hey Dan,

It goin to be a big night on my birthday lol. Thats awesome ur a leco too. What year are you? im acutally finished my apprenticeship now and am a fully qualified high voltage electrician and nearly done my electrical engineering would have finished it this yr but i decided to go on a holiday lol.

cant wait to see everyone!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.