Community_discussions_small  

Question

iPod Sockets on Coach/bus?

17 May 2009 GrandSouthernSusan asked

GrandSouthernSusan
Hi Everyone,
I'm going to America Grand Southern Tour and in the brochure it simply states 'remember to bring a North American adaptor'.

However, in terms of playin/charging your iPod on the buses what do you need???

Is it a simple USB socket, or a socket like the ones you use in your cigarette car socket or is it a plug (like what you'd use for a hairdryer) - I don't want to get there and not have the right thing or waste money when USB's are universal no matter where you go, so I'm not sure what the socket is on the bus to allow you to charge/play your iPod.

If anyone can help or has seen the bus socket on the tours, that would be great.

Thanks,
Susan
  • 23 May 2009 Ando said

Default_avatar

Hi Susan,
    I did the Grand Southern last year & just took an adapter that goes between the Aussie plug & the US wall socket.

With charging the iPod on the bus, our coach had one charger up with the Tour Manager & you could plug it in to charge while travelling.

I recommend buying the adapter from Strandbags, as they’re only around $20 & you can charge it up in your hotel room at night.

Bare in mind, it will take longer to charge, as the voltage is only 110v there – it wont blow up your iPod though Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Cheers & have an awesome trip! It was the best time of my life!

• 24 May 2009 said

Default_avatar

The bus charging stations are just a normal power-board. So any USA Connection will work.

As far as playing your IPOD through the coach sound system, that all depends on your TM. Ours played his own music and never asked anyone else for theirs. So I doubt you will have the chance to showcase your tunes while you are on tour.

• 24 May 2009 MJ said

Default_avatar

Word of advice if you have multipule electronic devices bring a power strip will make you a hero on your bus with the extra plugs available and you can charge more items at once.

• 25 May 2009 GrandSouthernSusan said

GrandSouthernSusan

Thanks for the tips and I now know what to buy – yay!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Thank you SSOOOOO MUCH!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.