Grand Southern April 2007 LA to NYC
5 Jan 2007 Gail Anthony said
I am on the Grand Southern trip that starts on 7 April 07 and is starting in LA and finishing in NY.
I am travelling by myself and this is my first Contiki trip. I would really like to hear from anyone who is on the same trip as me.
Also, anyone who has been on this trip, can they offer any advice. I do have a few questions:
1. I am a bit worried about getting from the airport to Anaheim. I am flying out on 5 April and staying at the Best Western where the tour departs. Any help/advice about transport to the hotel would be great.
2. Luggage allowance. Are they really strict on the size of the bag you take?
3. Rooms. Are you placed with a certain room-mate who you share with every night or can you choose your room-mate etc?
4. How much money do you recommend i take with me. I see that we have to allow for lunches etc and also some evening meals but realistically, how much do you spend daily?
5. I want to do the helicopter ride at the Grand Canyon but is there any other ride that you can recommend I do and the cost of it?
6. Do most people stay on in NY after the tour ends?
Lastly will I find it easy to make friends and meet people? Sounds silly when I type it, as I am an outgoing 26 year old, but I really want to meet new people and have a great time. This is my first trip and not really sure what the atmosphere is like.
Anyway, thats all for now! Again, I would be really pleased to hear from others on the same trip as me and also anyone else for advice and general info.
- 0 people like this
- Add to discussion 0 comments so far
Want to respond to this comment? You need to be signed in as a Contiki.com Community member first.