Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Vista

4 Nov 2007 Kelz said

Default_avatar
Hello everyone

I have looked at the European Vista dep Nov 2008. Yes I know it's a fair way off but a girl needs time to save! Smiler

I will be arriving in London to stay at the Contiki hotel/motel a night before and following the contiki tour I will be staying in London about a while- possibly doing some work and seeing what it's all about.

I am wondering if anyone can advise me of the following:

1. I am taking spending money of $100.00 AUD a day. Should I get one of those Travelex cashcards or just use my ATM card from AUS.
2. after the tour, I dont have any plans for the month. I am hoping to make friends on tour and either stay in backpackers / hostels and go touring following the contiki trip. Should I plan my accommodation before I leave Australia or is it easy to get accommodation in the backpackers / hostels over there being a walk in? (does anyone know how much are these usually per week??)
3. I will be backpacking / hostelling for a month after the contiki, is a backpack going to be the best option?

Any other pointers you have would be great and if you are joinging me on the trip and want to say hi that would be even better- the more the merrier it would make for a better experience!!

Kelz
  • 5 Nov 2007 Nichorocks said

Default_avatar

Hey Kelz
    I’m going on the Euro Vista in january 2008. I personally am taking 100 euro per day for the tour but i don’t know how much spending you usually do. I got a visa debit card to take overseas which should do me good.

I would suggest booking at least the first and second night back in London after the tour. at least then you have peace of mind knowing that you don’t have to go looking around for a place to stay for the night. Finally i don’t believe contiki allow backpacks on their tours. I know they don’t for mine so i would check that.
    nick

• 27 Nov 2007 Bradford12 said

Default_avatar

Any reason why you guys choose to go in Jan and Nov? Is it better during those times of year?

• 8 Apr 2008 Adam04 said

Default_avatar

My college roommate and I are going on the European Discovery Nov. 9-22 and are planning to stay a few weeks later to backpack on our own too.

We chose November because it wont be the middle of winter yet all the sites wont be packed with tourist either.

Adam, USA

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion