Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Qatar airlines

30 Nov 2010 Louise said

Louise
Hi guys. Just after some opinions. Has anyone flown with Qatar airlines? Just wondering if they're decent etc. They seem to be decently priced. Opinions would be great Smiler
  • 1 Dec 2010 Wez said

Wez

Hi Louise,
    I haven’t flown on Qatar myself but heard they are a really nice airline, along the lines of Emirates.
    My only caution would be to try make sure your stopovers in the Middle East aren’t too long, especially on the way to your destination as they can be very draining.

Ciao
    Wez

• 1 Dec 2010 Louise said

Louise

Thanks for that Wez. I’m just looking at all flights really at the moment; I have no idea who is good etc.

• 2 Dec 2010 josh89 said

Default_avatar

I flew Qatar when I went to europe this year, I am also flying Qatar again next June. Definately recommend them. Very good service and comfort. I also agree on the idea of not wanting a long stop over as Doha airport isnt the best. They are also very reasonable priced which is a plus.

• 6 Dec 2010 Explorer1193244 said

Default_avatar

Hey Louise!

I’m heading to London on December 10th! I booked my contiki, flights and all extra accommodation etc with Student flights and everyone there highly recommended flying Qatar!

I paid $1800 for a return ticket, and for that price over the christmas and new years period its a steal! Flights seem to be well above the $2000 price!

Only downfall is that I will be stuck at Doha airport for about 5 hours! I wouldn’t imagine there would be much there, so i’m planning to kill time by looking at shops, jumping on the internet, walking around, listening to my ipod and reading a book and eating something decent!

I’ve had a few friends who’ve flown with the airline, and they’re right on par with Emirates as they are the little brother of that massive airline!

The seats are very generous, service i’m told is great and the staff and food is pretty darn reasonable.

The way i see it, is my flight cost $1800, everything else cost around $2300. That’s $500 extra more I can save, and that could be 5 extra days in Europe (depending on how far you can stretch it).

At the end of the day, you’re still getting to the same destination, whether its by first class, business, economy whatever! If you have an extra ammount of money to splurge then spend it on emirates, otherwise if you’re trying to be money conscience, get on Qatar airlines!!

If you need further convincing, google search “Qatar airlines review” They’re not a 5 star airline for nothing….

All the best my friend! Happy travels!

• 15 Feb 2011 Louise said

Louise

Thanks for your help! I have ended up booking through Emirates, so hopefully I’ll be happy with them. Got a pretty good deal and everything! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion