Community_discussions_small  

Question

Packing list for European Discovery?

11 Jan 2014 Bailey M asked

Bailey M

Can someone who has been on European Discovery tell me what things are actually essential and what to leave behind? And what kind of luggage? I know the luggage restrictions but I want to know what is functional. I am going in the beginning of May and I want to pack as light as possible.

• 10 Feb 2014 chantasy_s said

chantasy_s

Try to plan outfits in the same colour block, mostly neutral. My first two Europe trips I packed a lot of clothes I didn’t care about, I threw them out as I went. I packed a fresh tank top/under shirt for each day of travel (plus two extras just in case), I then packed a few tshirts/long sleeve shirts, one sweater, a few pairs of yoga pants/leggings, and one pair of nice jeans. I wasn’t too worried about dressing fancy, but if fashion is a concern I’d recommend long shirts that layer over leggings nicely and a few cardigans or button ups. Rolling your clothes into tight “tube” like shapes help save space while packed. Cramming socks into shoes is a great way to save space if you’re packing extra shoes. Try to plan with people on your tour, maybe if one girls brings a straightener another brings a hair dryer etc so no one is wasting space bringing everything. Youtube has great tutorials on how to pack things to save space.

• 10 Feb 2014 chantasy_s said

chantasy_s

Jewelery and makeup seem essential, until you realize how early the mornings are, I’d recommend tinted moisturizer and lip balms as opposed to lip sticks, foundations etc. to save time in the morning and space in your bag. I always choose a bag with wheels, makes getting around the airport and to the hotel etc easier. Instead of a purse I always travel with the biggest carry on allowed by my airline so I can squeeze extra clothes in it if needed. I usually carry all my cards/cash in my phone case and keep my phone in my passport holder.. I travel like a Gramma with a passport holder under my clothes. Better safe than sorry lol. Hope that helps!

• 10 Feb 2014 Bailey M said

Bailey M

Wow that’s great! Thank you so much. No shame in travel like a Gramma! Haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion