Community_discussions_small  

Question

London to Rome-April 28th

12 Jan 2014 Theodora asked

Theodora

I just booked the London to Rome tour leaving on April 28th and it looks like I am going solo and was just wanted to see if anyone was booking this trip or the London to Athens with the same start date?

• 17 Jan 2014 ashlee said

ashlee

Hi there, I am doing this tour departing London on the 29th April though.

• 17 Jan 2014 Theodora said

Theodora

Yay it’s the same trip! Are you traveling alone or with friends??

• 18 Jan 2014 ashlee said

ashlee

Just me, it’s my second Contiki. I loved traveling alone and can’t wait to go again

• 18 Jan 2014 Theodora said

Theodora

Oh nice! It’s my first time traveling alone so I’m slightly terrified but excited lol

ashlee

Yeah I was like that too, getting off the plane and trying to find a shuttle was scary, and not knowing where I was didn’t help! Luckily it was America, so at least they spoke English. I just asked for help and people were so willing to show me where to go etc

• 18 Jan 2014 Theodora said

Theodora

Ya it helps that in London it will be in English but its exactly like you said you don’t really know where you’re going or where you are.

ashlee

All part of the fun and excitement!

• 19 Jan 2014 Theodora said

Theodora

Yupp can’t wait, only 99 more days lol

• 18 Feb 2014 Amba said

Amba

I am doing the same trip, and it is also my first solo travel!

• 20 Feb 2014 Theodora said

Theodora

Awesome! I hope we end up having a big group. soo excited!

• 20 Feb 2014 Amba said

Amba

I kinda wish more people would check in haha! I hate waiting, wish it was just here already!

• 20 Feb 2014 Feyparislove said

Feyparislove

Hello, i am considering joining this trip, it would be my first time traveling alone. I did a contiki 2 years ago with a friend. It was a little too much party for me, but it is the cheapest travel tour available. I am hoping this tour focuses more on culture and exploring as well. I would be arriving in london a day before trip , if anyone wants to explore with me.

• 20 Feb 2014 Amba said

Amba

I will be in London for 3 days before the trip, so I’m keen! I have never travelled alone before either, so any friendly face will be a good one! I’m not much of a party person, but this tour seemed to mostly be what I wanted as it spends more than one night in each place. I am super excited for this!!

Theodora

This is my first time traveling alone as well so I’m a little nervous too. I’m arriving in England a few days early too but im spending a few days in Leeds visiting a friend but I plan to explore London on the Monday before the tour and would love to hang out with you guys!

Theodora

and I agree everyone should hurry up and check in already! lol

• 24 Feb 2014 ashlee said

ashlee

Cause its a concept tour, there won’t be many people on the check in page, but there will be lots of people on the tour, they will just be going on further than us (not finishing in Rome). It happened when I did Western Highlights, there were 5 of us finishing in Vegas, everyone else was continuing on to San Fran or LA. I’m not sure what tour this one is part of, but its a big one that goes all round UK

• 24 Feb 2014 Amba said

Amba

I think it guys on to the Greek Islands.. But that is good to know!

• 24 Feb 2014 ashlee said

ashlee

My friend just did the whole trip so I will ask her what one it was and let you know.

• 8 Mar 2014 ashlee said

ashlee

Okay sorry this took so long. My friend did the winter wanderer, think its closed now. hope this helps. If anyone wants ideas on what to do before/after their tour starts, i have heaps of website links to mini itineraries etc. I’m in London for 3 weeks after my tour so planning heaps of stuff!

• 30 Mar 2014 Theodora said

Theodora

Hey do we need to bring our own sleeping bag? I swear my agent said one would be provided but I just read in a discussion people saying that since London to Rome was a concept tour you had to bring your own.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion