Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EUROPEAN MAGIC - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS.

19 Oct 2010 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket
Yo Yo all... so i just got back from the euro magic tour and had a great time thought i would post this thread for any one that has any questions regarding the tour as i wish there was one when i was planning on booking or going... i can answer on most questions i believe people will have and i did all the optional extras except moulin rouge but everyone that did that said it was really good and worth it.. so with out further i do ASK AWAY Smiler

EDIT PLEASE READ: I have answered many questions regarding this trip and have started to get a lot of duplicate questions mainly regarding Money, Travel Times, And what certain events, places or foods are like so it would be much appreciated if you took a few minutes of your time to read through some other peoples posts and my responses and most likely i would say majority of your questions will be answered. If you have any others or would like to know in depth more about something i have answered i will still be happy to answer them but it would be much appreciated if you check first as it will save your time getting the information you need and also my time :) Thank you =)
  • 30 Apr 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

Hi Jorge

I didnt stay in that one i stayed in one called the Landhaus Emmenbruecke… all the places i stayed i was happy with considering it was a budget tour however.

Amsterdam – Blue Square
    St Goar – Winzerhaus Hotel
    Munich – Azimut
    Venice – Air Motel
    Paris – Ibis

Munich, Paris and Amsterdam were the best accommodations in my opinion.

• 1 May 2011 Explorer1247942 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for all the advices! I have another question regarding security.
    Was there a lot of pickpocketing? Did you need to get one of those money belt to keep the passport and money close to you and hidden?

THanks!

• 1 May 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

Nah there was no pickpocketing just be careful around really touristy and busy areas such as the eiffle tower and so forth and you will be fine. I kept my passport in my main luggage bag in a zip locked secret area that it had and i normally took out a small back pack bag that was good for security to carry other things i took out during the day such as camera etc.

• 21 May 2011 Explorer1230116 said

Default_avatar

Hi, my question is the seine cruise in paris i understand it is included excursions, when did you guys do it was it the last night? Since im trying to book moulin rouge it is included also with a seine cruise and dinner with eiffle tower i want to do it on last night as well. I appreciate your response.

• 21 May 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

We did the cruise first thing during the day, moulin rouge is done on the last night in paris so you can easily do both no problems.

• 30 May 2011 KRISTY! said

KRISTY!

Hi, Just wandering about Check In. What time do we have to meet up with Contiki Tour on the Beginning of the trip. Does it take long to check everyone in and get started? Thanks. Don’t wanna start tour off feeling hung- over that’s for sure. lol =P
    Kristy.

• 30 May 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

It doesnt take long at all you all meet at the bottom of the royal national hotel at around 6am or so and it literally takes about 30 minutes before your off on the bus :) all they do is weigh everyones bags, pack them and mark you off on a sheet after looking at your passport. Very simple.

• 30 May 2011 KRISTY! said

KRISTY!

Oh ok that sounds good….And there is a meeting the night before is that right?? What happens at these meetings?? Will we have to be there, coz we are going to a festival that starts at 12pm till 11pm. " LOVEBOX" Probably wont get back to the Royal National till like 1am..Hope that’s ok too? Did you have any late night entries into the hotel? ;) Thanks heaps.
    Kristy.

• 30 May 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

yeah thats fine, i didnt go to that one i was too jet lagged but i got my brother to go but nothing important is mentioned or done its just a quick 5 minute hello reminding of meeting the next day really.

• 31 May 2011 Explorer1230116 said

Default_avatar

JonoRocket u are really helpful one more question, for paris I am thinking of buying a paris pass (this is 2 days) since we are staying one more day in paris, will you recommend buying a paris pass and using it in the last day of the tour, my concern is i believe we are going to a ferfume factory, how long is that? I dont want to waste my one day pass. Thanks a lot

• 31 May 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

the perfume place is just a shop that sells types of perfumes you cant get anywhere else, you dont have to go in if you dont want too, i didnt even enter it lol.. some people did go in and just quickly bought a fragrance and then left after a few minutes and spent the rest of the day doing whatever they wanted in paris so dont worry about that taking up any time, it doesnt :)

• 31 May 2011 Explorer1230116 said

Default_avatar

awesome!!! thank you!

• 10 Jun 2011 FromVancity said

Default_avatar

HI JonoRocket. Thanks for starting this discussion…so helpful!
    What did u do about wrinkles in your clothes (i’m in Europe! Don’t wanna look like i just woke up!!)?
    Do the hotels have irons?

Thanks again!

• 10 Jun 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

I had a completely different change of clothes for every night that i went out, during the day for travel on the bus and just general exploring i pretty much wore very casual clothing that didnt show that it had been worn once or twice, but mostly i had a completely different set of clothes for each day so i had an area in my big luggage backpack that i kept all my dirty clothes in and then at the end of the tour (before heading to spain with my brother i did a big load of washing at one of the hotels back in london)

Im sure some of the hotels your staying at will certainly have some laundry rooms if you wish to do some laundry however so you should be fine, as said though i didnt worry because i never really had to worry seeing as the trip is only 9 days and i packed enough “good clothes” into my bag for each night out and during the days i really didnt care so much about what i was wearing (casual jumpers, Sports pants etc and most people were the same).

• 10 Jun 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

Out of the hotels stayed i would say these to be the ones i would assume to have or not have any laundry services. keep in mind though the hotels you stay at may be different to the ones i stayed at and this is just my guess based on how the place looked.

Amsterdam – Yes
    First Germany stop – No
    second Germany stop – Yes
    Switzerland – No
    Venice – No
    Paris – Yes

• 2 Jul 2011 FromVancity said

Default_avatar

Hi JonoRocket! I’m so confused about what clothes to pack :(
    What does everyone wear during the day? Is it veryyyyyyyyyyy casual (like jeans/capris & t-shirt)…in Italy / Paris?
    How about the evenings? Was it really dressy? Or just casual dressy…

• 2 Jul 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

hmm, well the people on my tour were mostly fairly casual during the days i guess, at night yeah most people dressed up quite nicely to go out though :P

• 3 Jul 2011 Jorge & Argenis said

Jorge & Argenis

hello again, i was wondering if the visit to the Swiss Alps is included, or you just go to Lucerne the city… i am confused.

• 3 Jul 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

the climb to the top of the mountain is an optional, their is an included sunset lake cruise for the summer period and the winter period it is a scenic bus ride due to the colder weather.

• 29 Jul 2011 Otter said

Otter

Hey there JonoRocket,

Thanks for all the great advice, I had a question on the Optionals….For the ones that are not included, do we purchase them while at home before we leave, or do we book them on the first day/during the tour?
    My tour is Aug 26th so I’m sure I’ll have more questions to come.
    Thank you!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion