Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EUROPEAN MAGIC - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS.

19 Oct 2010 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket
Yo Yo all... so i just got back from the euro magic tour and had a great time thought i would post this thread for any one that has any questions regarding the tour as i wish there was one when i was planning on booking or going... i can answer on most questions i believe people will have and i did all the optional extras except moulin rouge but everyone that did that said it was really good and worth it.. so with out further i do ASK AWAY Smiler

EDIT PLEASE READ: I have answered many questions regarding this trip and have started to get a lot of duplicate questions mainly regarding Money, Travel Times, And what certain events, places or foods are like so it would be much appreciated if you took a few minutes of your time to read through some other peoples posts and my responses and most likely i would say majority of your questions will be answered. If you have any others or would like to know in depth more about something i have answered i will still be happy to answer them but it would be much appreciated if you check first as it will save your time getting the information you need and also my time :) Thank you =)
  • 30 Jul 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

Your tour guide will ask you before each one and if you want to go they will then collect money off you. Very easy :)

• 31 Jul 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

im not 100% sure, i think cash only though.

• 31 Jul 2011 Otter said

Otter

Thank you!
    Also, when they weigh your bags every morning before boarding, do they also double check the measurements of your luggage? I have a bag I’m taking that meets the max of 60in but if stuffed to the max it may exceed that. How strict are they with the size?

• 31 Jul 2011 Kathleen H said

Kathleen H

Thanks so much for offering to answer questions! My husband and I are literally packing right now for this trip. I do have some questions, though:
    1) Which extras activities were great besides the Moulin Rouge and the Amsterdam cruise? We’re trying to decide if we want to do the Lake Lucerne cruise and the Venice walking tour.
    2) What did everybody wear to go out? Does my husband need a suit jacket like they suggest? Did the girls wear jeans to the bar?
    Thanks so much!
    Kathleen

• 1 Aug 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

Hi Otter,

they only measure the bags on the first day, after that they dont bother so you can start to exceed the limit during your trip when doing their initial measurement on day 1 they are somewhat strict though.

• 1 Aug 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

Hi, Kathleen

1. The lake Lucerne cruise is free so you may as well do that, the venice walking tour was (in my opinion) not worth it if i knew it was going to be how it was i wouldn’t have done it you just walk around the areas that you will end up covering on your own just following a guide while they tell you some mildly interesting facts through an ear piece about venice and certain buildings for example. Everything else though is worth it i would say ( especially since you may never be there again :)

2. everyone pretty much just wore dressy / casual wear out on most nights, people dressed up a little more for moulin rouge though, just dress in what you usually do when you go out on normal friday and saturday nights and you will fit in lol :)

• 1 Aug 2011 Otter said

Otter

Thanks!
    You have been really helpfull, I can’t wait to go!!!

• 2 Aug 2011 Kathleen H said

Kathleen H

I think the Lake Lucerne cruise was free when you went, but this summer, it’s listed as an optional activity for 26 Euros, so I’m wondering if you would pay for that cruise if its wasn’t free. Thanks so much for your responses! :)

• 2 Aug 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

Well in that case i guess 26 euro isnt worth it as from memory it was relatively short ~1 hour but since they are charging for it now maybe they are extending the tour? you may as well do it if its a nice sunny day and skip it if its a overcast foggy day i would say.

• 2 Aug 2011 Kathleen H said

Kathleen H

Great tips, thanks!

• 6 Aug 2011 Jorge & Argenis said

Jorge & Argenis

Hey Jono, here i am with another question… i’ve been told by Contiki that i can only bring 1 suitcase, and it has to be no bigger than 60 inches! is that really true??? it seems very small for me. i cannot even bring my carry on suitcase, just a samll back pack no heavier than 8 pounds! this is ridiculous! i am going in October and i need to bring coats and stuff! i know you cannot do anything, just wanted to know if this is entirley true.

Thank you!

• 7 Aug 2011 Jorge & Argenis said

Jorge & Argenis

Ok, so i can bring a regular large bag for my stuff and 1 carry on, can the carry on bag be the same size that the airlines allowed? Is that bag going in the compartiments at the top of the coach? Besides that i assume i can bring my camera/ipad bag right??

Thanks Jono

• 8 Aug 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

Just as long as your carry on is not to big then yes its fine it says in that article i linked you up to around 5 kilos. your carry on goes on the top part of the coach or you hold it, if its bigger than normal you will have to hold it or have it at your feet so thats up to you if you want to go bigger than what can fit above the seats.

Yes your camera and ipad bag will be fine.

• 15 Aug 2011 Explorer1274769 said

Explorer1274769

Hello! I am going on the tour in about a week and a half and I just had a few questions. I saw that you said that they only measure your bags on the first day, does that go for weight as well? I am just worried about buying to many things and my bag weighing over the 44lbs. Also in the hotels did you share a room with other travelers? I am going with my boyfriend and we were unsure if we were sharing a room with other people or not.

Thanks!

Explorer1274769

Hello! I am going on the tour in about a week and a half and I just had a few questions. I saw that you said that they only measure your bags on the first day, does that go for weight as well? I am just worried about buying to many things and my bag weighing over the 44lbs. Also in the hotels did you share a room with other travelers? I am going with my boyfriend and we were unsure if we were sharing a room with other people or not.

Thanks!

• 15 Aug 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

Yeah that goes for weight as well it doesn’t matter how heavy you get your bag once the tour starts.

The rooms are twin share so you and your bf will be together

Explorer1274769

Thanks! That makes me feel way more prepared.

• 15 Aug 2011 Jorge & Argenis said

Jorge & Argenis

hello, me again, is the coach cold? do they have balnkets or you recommend to bring your own?
    Thanks!

• 15 Aug 2011 JonoRocket said

JonoRocket

nah the coach has air conditioning and heating so it will always be of a comfortable temperature

• 16 Aug 2011 Explorer1275392 said

Default_avatar

Johnny,
    If you were a Dad and had a 18 year old daughter, would you want her to go on this?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion