Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Travel Insurance

11 May 2009 Melsie said

Default_avatar
Hey guys,
I've done a quick search on both the forums and site but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.
Basically I was wondering what travel insurance providers you have all gone with? I'm going on the Explorer next week (yeah I know, my bad for leaving it to the last minute) and I want to do the extras (such as bungee-jumping, ropes course, skydiving etc) BUT every single disclosure statement I've looked at so far doesn't include it. Frowner
So what insurance provider have you all gone with? How much approx did it cost? And are you sure it covered all the optionals?
I'm from Aus if it helps.
Thanks guys.
  • 12 May 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar

There are no travel insurance providers that includes coverage for adventure activities.

- Vic

• 14 May 2009 aussie liz said

Default_avatar

Wellif you live in Australia, yes there is a company that will cover you for bungy etc…

Go to STA travel, and get the AMP up version of the insurance, through QBE insurance..apparently they are one of the few companies who havent gone bust due to the economic crisis….

Im not planning on doing bungy etc but I did get the amp up option (well i will if the pre-existing medical conditions are approved) just to cover myself for more like luggage and my cameras..Am not taking my laptop….more junk to carry which i dotn want or need…

• 14 May 2009 ptooma said

Default_avatar

I stand corrected Liz, generally, travel insurance does not cover adenture activities – that would be a seperate rider or different insurance altogether, however, QBE has an all-inclusive travel/adventure product offering. Thanks for the info Liz.

From QBE’s coverage document page 7: http://www.qbetravelinsurance…._COMPREHENSIVE26.PDF

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.