Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Santa Monica Accommodation

3 Feb 2008 perthbeachgirl said

Default_avatar
Hi All,

I am trying to find accommodation in Santa Monica for a few days in June.
I have looked into HI hostel- but it doesnt appear to accommodate couples?
I am not keen on paying over $200 per night either?
Has anyone stayed close to the beach in that area, I dont mind if its a hostel, motel or hotel- its just somewhere to sleep after all.

Any advice or accommodation details would be awesome,

cheers
  • 4 Feb 2008 Izzy said

Default_avatar

I stayed at the Bayside Hotel with some mates in 2006.. it was pretty cool! cheap and near the beach..
    Bayside Hotel
    Izzy Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Feb 2008 Kaz said

Default_avatar

Hello
    I stayed at the HI in Santa Monica in July 2006. It was a good hostel, clean, big, great amenities. The location was brilliant!! A couple of minutes to Santa Monica pier, a stroll or bus to Venice Beach and the santa monica promenade one street over. The hostel lacked an atmosphere so if you were wanting to meet up with other people, you would need to try hard to make new friends but if you were with your partner it would be fine. I did have some jewellery stolen that was in a suitcase but not locked up in a locker-so I am partly responsbile. They do have small lockers in the rooms and big lockers in the common room.

• 3 Mar 2008 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

hey
    I have stayed at the HI hostel 4 or 5 times and it has been great every time. It’s really clean and has an awesome location.

It has all the amenities you want and also includes breakfast. It’s basic but doies the job especially when you’re on a budget.

Just so you know they do have private rooms for two people so you could get one of those instead of a dorm room.

It is one of the nicest areas to stay in LA so if you cant find a hotel or are hapy with a private room I would reccomend this.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion