Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Big Apple Feb 17-20 2009

7 Mar 2008 Ky1987 said

Ky1987
Hey there,
I was wondering if anyone has signed on for this tour yet as i will be travelling alone and would love to talk to people before the tour starts.
  • 4 Apr 2008 Jen said

Default_avatar

hi kylie.. you already met me on the grand southern page, but im doing this one too! new york, new york – i have always always always wanted to go and im so excited to be finally doing it! lets hope we get some more peeps!

• 12 Apr 2008 special_kas said

Default_avatar

Hey, i was thinking of going on this tour and then doing the Grand Southern NY to LA after it, this one ends and the Grand Southern starts the same day. Is anyone else planing to do this. Im worried that the Grand Southern wont go ahead cause they wont tell us til 45 days before, not enough time to plan a new trip. Does anyone know if there is a forum for the Grand Southern NY to LA Feb 20 to Mar 15 2009.

• 12 Apr 2008 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hi there Explorer1094765,

Jen and i are going Grand Southern LA-NY in Jan 09. And we are doing the Big apple to end the trips lol.. What you should do is go into the grand southern in the meeting place and justpost a topic for the tour you are going on with the dates and you should find other people who are going on the same tour…

On Jen and my tour there are 5 of us girls already on the tour, and we still have nine months to go…

Well its good to here we will be meeting up with you on our Big Apple Explorer tour though.. Where abouts are you from?

xxKy

• 12 Apr 2008 Jen said

Default_avatar

i talked to my travel agent yesterday and he said that these tours book up really quickly because they aren’t on that often. you should do the same one as us!!

• 13 Apr 2008 special_kas said

Default_avatar

Heya K.C. 1987, im from Newcastle NSW and im 21 years old. Where are you from. Its good to know that there are other people on the NY trip so hopefully it will go ahead, im travelling with at least 1 maybe 2 of my friends both girls from newcastle.
    I did start a Grand Southern post i havent had any replies, so im keeping my fingers crossed lol.
    Hello to you to jen 1986, my year of birth too lol, where are you from, i cant do the one before the Big apple explorer because my friend im doing it with doesnt finish work til Feb so it didnt work out cause thats the one we were planning to go on but had to change, but we are still going so thats cool.
    Really good to hear from you thank you for replying, you can give us tips on the grand southern cause you wold have already done it. Ill tell my friends that im going with to come on here and chat.
    Talk soon
    Katharine

• 14 Apr 2008 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hi Katharine,

Im 21 and im from perth. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    So good to hear from more people planning on going on the same tours… Especially as the trip is still quite a long time away Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Im Sooo excited to go, i wish i ad all the money now so i could just pay it all off, i know ill have it all by the time i go, im just so excited.. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

xx Ky

• 14 Apr 2008 Jen said

Default_avatar

hi katherine, im from the gold coast. its great that ur coming with us on big apple at least. im sure the tour will book up, it’s still so far away. do u have facebook or msn? my email is jenni.penni1@hotmail.com if u do. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Apr 2008 special_kas said

Default_avatar

Heya, yeah i do have facebook, and msn and myspace. My email is special_kas_@hotmail.com if anyone wants to add me.

• 7 May 2008 Explorer1026321 said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    I’m a 23y.o. girl from Brissy hoping to do this tour. I’m going by myself too, so would love some contacts. I’m hoping to do the Eastern Discovery first (Feb 5th-16th). Anyone else doing this and then staying the last night in NY before this tour?

• 9 May 2008 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Im going to be hopefully booking this trip tomorrow morning as well as the Grand Southern starting Jan 24.

Im 23 from Adelaide

Aaron

• 9 May 2008 Jen said

Default_avatar

hey brissylions,

me, aaron and kylie are all going on the grand southern tour before this one, but it’ll be cool to hang out with u in new york! I’m 21, from gold coast so we’re pretty close. im on facebook and msn jenni.penni1@hotmail.com

jen Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 10 May 2008 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I went to book this and the GS this morning but contiki’s system was down or something so they’ll book me in on Monday. I fly out the night the tour ends. Cant wait to see NY contiki style!

If anyone wants to add me to facebook, myspace or msn my email addy is atkeane@hotmail.com

• 10 May 2008 amylou said

Default_avatar

hi brissylions

the eastern discovery that your doing will be part of our grand southern… i think! coz we also finish in NY on 16 feb!!

• 12 May 2008 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Just came back from the travel agent. Im now booked on this tour as well as the GS before it. Cant wait!

• 13 May 2008 lissybug said

Default_avatar

Hey

I’ve just booked this tour! I’m starting on this one then going to Grand Southern. Then I’m staying in LA and San Francisco for a bit after that.

• 13 May 2008 Jen said

Default_avatar

hey lissybug, good stuff!! im jen, 21 from gold coast. catch me on facebook or msn on jenni.penni1@hotmail.com

a bunch of us are doing the grand southern first so we’ll be able to tell u all about it Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 May 2008 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hey there guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Just wondering if you will be staying at the hotel Marrakech during this tour as that is where ill be staying…

XX Ky

• 14 May 2008 special_kas said

Default_avatar

Heya K.C me and lissybug are travelling together with one other and we are staying at the hotel Beacon the night before the tour and the tour stays there as well.

• 15 May 2008 Jen said

Default_avatar

hey ky,

il be staying at Marrakech, my travel agent said thats where the tour is. Maybe there are two tours at different hotels??? well it doesnt matter, at least we’ll be in the same city lol

jen Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 May 2008 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

hey guys,

Im stayin at the Marrakech the night before (the night the GS ends) and during the tour. I was told by my travel agent that this is where the tour stays. I think both hotels are on Broadway?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.