Community_discussions_small  

Question

tour for 2009 ????

20 Jul 2008 marilourdes23 asked

marilourdes23
Hi!

My name is Maria and I am planning my first Contiki tour. I'm from Puerto Rico and would be traveling alone so far. Right now I am on total savings mode, saving vacation days so I can take a tour in 2009. So far, the European Highlight looks like a fun one. Any advice on a good tour? Anyone planning on traveling in 2009?
Smiler
  • 21 Jul 2008 ash84 said

Default_avatar

hi my names ashlee im from newcastle, australia and am in the same boat. i’m saving my holidays and money, for a contiki tour in 2009 am thinking of italy with a couple of days in paris i will be traveling solo thinking about going in september or august.

• 22 Jul 2008 BC_Explorer said

Default_avatar

Hi! My name is Sonia and I’m from Vancouver B.C, Canada. I also want to travel in Europe in 2009. Maria, I agree, European Highlights looks like fun… that’s one of the tours i’m deciding between… there is also the European Whirl and Discovery. When in 2009 are you going? I’ll be going in May/June. I’m trying to save as much as possible right now..

• 23 Jul 2008 Kiki said

Kiki

Heya,

My name is Carike 19, I’m from South Africa. I’m also planning on going on my first Contiki tour next year June/July all alone.lol. Anyone else thinking of the Berlin, Prague and Vienna tour? Its only 9 day, but looks like fun.

• 23 Jul 2008 marilourdes23 said

marilourdes23

Hi ashlee, Sonia and Carike! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Well, like u guys, I will be traveling solo. I haven’t made up my mind yet on the time of the year, but I am also thinking august / sept. But people have told me Summer is great. Right now it depends on work and how much the flight from San Juan to London is going to cost me. All the tours seem so great. I want to go everywhere, but he European Highlights due to cost and amount of days is the one that I think fits me best. Well, I would love to make new friends and hopefully make new friends for the trip! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Here’s my contact info:
    MSN: marilourdes23@hotmail.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=609110044

• 26 Jul 2008 mzcata said

mzcata

Hey everyone im from geelong Australia and im looking to doing a contiki tour in 2009 around July… im heading to europe to visit my parents country portugal for 2 months but i am wanting to do a short tour around europe since im going to be there. im looking at the European Highlights tour too… coz its cheaper and im going alone as well… Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> it will be great to speak with anyone who is looking to go on tour around july Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->… ill be booking earlybird to get it all cheaper as well soo around oct/ nov ill be booking it all….

• 4 Aug 2008 Explorer1108954 said

Default_avatar

hey guys
    My name is Bec and am also thinking bout traveling solo next year for the first time`on a tour. I live in sydney australia. Looking at july ish. the european experience looks awesome. Just have to save the money! Does any one know how far in advance you need to book a contiki.
    Would love to talk to anyone thinking bout traveling on this tour july 2009.

• 6 Aug 2008 Antznz said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

I’m Anton 25 and from Auckland, New Zealand. My fiance and I are heading to the UK/Europe for the first time in June/July 2009. We plan on doing European Highlights or European Whirl (still deciding) before spending a few weeks with relatives in the UK and a 2 week mediterranean cruise.

We are looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully some lifelong friends! It seems so far away but I’m sure it will be worth the wait!

My facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=646720684

• 16 Aug 2008 cah0902 said

Default_avatar

Me! Me! Me! I’m want to do a tour in August or September of 09. UE or EA are really appealing to me, but European Panorama looks pretty interesting. I’m so torn. I’m gonna book in February, so I have time to think this through. But I would rock hardcore if anyone who has similar travel plans would contact me. Maybe we can book the same tour or something.

My email is cahundley88@yahoo.com. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 17 Aug 2008 marilourdes23 said

marilourdes23

I am sooo confused!!!
    All the tours look soo amazing. I am definitely looking at August or September 2009 but am still torn between the European Highlights and London to Rome. Any suggestions????

xxxx Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Aug 2008 cah0902 said

Default_avatar

London to Rome looked fun to me. But I also want to hit up Eastern Europe, so that’s just me.

I just talked to a Contiki representative and she gonna check out some dates for me! I’m so excited now.

• 17 Aug 2008 marilourdes23 said

marilourdes23

Hi cah0902!

Let me know what they tell you. I called and was told they would contact me in October when the new dates come out. :/

• 17 Aug 2008 cah0902 said

Default_avatar

I have a feeling that’s what she’ll tell me. Oh well… I don’t plan on book until February-ish… so I can pay off the majority of it when I book, so it’ll be off my mind. I’m getting a second job to pay for it. I’ll be tired and cranky, but it’ll be worth it.

But I will tell you what she says.

Also I’m gonna add you to my facebook. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Aug 2008 cah0902 said

Default_avatar

I just talked to the contiki rep and it looks like October is when the new dates and prices come out. I’m gonna be busting my butt saving until then.

• 18 Aug 2008 marilourdes23 said

marilourdes23

Welcome to my world!!!! I am in TOTAL savings mode!! I am even considering the gift site thingy here on Contiki.com that way when Xmas and my Bday come around, my family can just pay off my optionals and stuff. If I don’t end up doing that, I have already told my parents to fore go the gift giving, $ or gift cards please! lol

So, every time I feel like shopping, I think Contiki and actually refrain from doing so. I am going to print out the logo and put it in my wallet…on my debit card…lol

European Highlights ’09! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Aug 2008 cah0902 said

Default_avatar

I look at my brochure everyday to remind me of what I’m busting my butt for. lol.

And that’s a good idea. I’m gonna have to look into that and tell my friends and family for when my birthday and Christmas comes up.

• 24 Aug 2008 Mel said

Default_avatar

Hey,

Is there anyone thinking of going on the european contrasts or escapade in April 09?

• 27 Aug 2008 Explorer1111186 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone! I’m thinking about doing a contiki tour for july 2009 yay!! I plan on leaving toward the end of june, and finishing up around july 27/28th. I would really, really like to make sure I am on a tour with at least one person who likes to stay out and have a good time..ive read some stories about people on tours where no one would stay in the city and split cabs later and i really dont want to end up in that situation!

Anyone thinking about doing european escapade, european experience, european impressions, or european inspiration and are thinking about starting late june early july let me know! We can book…I hope there are lots of you! YAY EUROPE 2009!

add me to msn Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> nikkispurrell@hotmail.com

oh and ps, im 25, single and female from canada!

• 4 Sep 2008 Sophh Bee said

Sophh Bee

hey everyone i’m sophie!

i’m from NZ WHOO!
    i’m thinking of doing the european contrast tour in august (or the 1st available tour once the peak summer tour price has dropped)
    i thought about doing the UE but it goes on for too long and knowing me i could become the b!tch in the corner no-one likes coz everyone got on her nerves LOL so i think EC is good for me, the price isn’t too bad and we vist alot of places i wanna go so i’m cool with that.

love to hear from any of you if you have similar plans Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 6 Sep 2008 Jason said

Default_avatar

hi all!

My name is Jason, I am from Adelaide Australia and i am planning my contiki trip alone like so many others lol. The European Contrasts suits me best. I am looking at going around july next year. Would love to talk to anyone who is interested in taking on this crazy expereince with me! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Sep 2008 Boardergirl said

Default_avatar

Hey there to you all
    I am Jo and I am almost 33 and origionally from South Africa. I just want to say GO FOR IT!!! I have done 2 Contiki trips this year and have just booked 3 for next year!!!! Yes I am super excited!!!
    I have done the 2 weeks snowboarding in Hopfgarten in Austria and will be doing that again in Jan/Feb 09 – it was awesome!!!
    I have just come back from a 45 day Ultimate European tirp – WOW it was amazing and sooooo worth all the hard work and super saving to do it. I have booked the Grand Northeren and Canada and the rockies with Calagry Stampese for summer 09.

Well just a bit about the contiki trips – they are worth it – you get to make heaps of new friends, see the world and have loads of fun. I am not a big drinker or partier ( over 30 you see!! ) but it does not matter and no one makes you do anything – if you wanna party and drink hey it is done ( many hungover people on the long bus days haha ) but it is up to you, and more important your budget!!!
    The optionals are good but again it is up to your budget.
    If you guys have any questions please ask and I will try answer as best I can – keep it on this post so others can also read.
    My advice is free and it is only my opinion so take it or leave it.
    Take care and happy saving
    Jo

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion