Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe or USA? Is two contiki's too many?

8 Feb 2010 Explorer1159415 asked

Default_avatar
Hi all,

I am in the middle of working out where I want to travel to next year. I think I will be going alone and am still undecided about where to go.

Basically I want to go everywhere and on the top of the list is Europe and USA!

I am thinking of doing the Winter Wanderer in March and then spending a few week into April travelling around the UK. I then was thinking of heading on and doing the Grand Southern in April/May.

What do people think of this? Is two contiki's too many? Should I go one place then another?

If I had to choose which continent would you recommend?

Thanks in advance
  • 10 Feb 2010 Danielle said

Default_avatar

I did the European Encounter in 2008 and it was awesome!!
    I think 2 Contiki tours will be fun, but you may need to consider a bit of a break between tours. They can be pretty full on with early starts and late nights.

I am doing another Contiki in May this year. I am also planning on doing a tour through Asia next year and a tour through America in 2012. Breaks in between so save money etc….

Hope this helps???

Danielle

• 14 Feb 2010 GatorBrett1 said

GatorBrett1

Never too many Contikis, haha. I did one in Europe and one in Australia, and both were much fun. I had already been to Europe once before with a study abroad program, (and I wanted something different than churches, museums, etc), so I went to Australia. It was great to go snorkeling, kayaking, hiking, etc. I would do Contiki for a 3rd time, but they don’t offer anything to South America . . . yet

• 15 Feb 2010 Jen_au said

Jen_au

I’m doing two contiki’s at the end of this year with a week between them :P doing GB/Ireland and then Winter Wanderer after. I did a Contiki a few years ago through NZ and I absolutely loved it!!! Could have spent another 6 weeks doing it!! (though would have run out of money.
    If you’re planning a few weeks in between you should be right!! Will give you a chance to explore on your own and recuperate a bit before heading off again!!!

• 16 Feb 2010 Explorer1159415 said

Default_avatar

Ahh thanks heaps, I am thinking that if I have the money I will do both for sure.

Riverstar33, what you are doing is one of two options I am currently tossing up. The other is the Ultimate European.

I was going to do Ireland and Scotland on my own but I am a bit scared and think having mates and a tour showing you the highlights would be fab.

Thanks again!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.