Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ipod/MP3's on trip

18 Feb 2007 Jess@Sydney said

Default_avatar
Is it worth taking your ipod?
  • 18 Feb 2007 junior37991 said

Default_avatar

I will deffinetly will be taking mine. Im sure there will be times I will use it like on the bus occasionally. Can’t hurt to take it can it?

They are only small so why not.

Matty

• 19 Feb 2007 JOJO1983 said

Default_avatar

OH MY GOD!!! I dont have a IPOD!!! What if everyone is listening to music the whole time and i have no one to talk to!

• 19 Feb 2007 _TraVel_bUg_ said

Default_avatar

not everyone listens to music. the bus is quite active and chatty. on our tour we played games and stuff. dont stress – not everyone has an ipod!

• 20 Feb 2007 darksider39 said

Default_avatar

I have a Video Ipod too. never been on a flight longer then 3 hours. any suggestions about keeping battery life for a extended period of time espically watching videos on it?

• 20 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

My ipod goes where I go. I dont imagine i will be able to hear too much Johnny Farnham overseas.. he he.

• 20 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by smelly_jw:
    does anyone know whether i will have any troubles charging my ipod?

something about voltage?

all ipods are dual voltage, all you will need in an adapter as your prongs wont fit the wall.
  • 21 Feb 2007 Kat said

Default_avatar

I have a 30gb video/photo ipod but its not coming with me! i figure there are enough things overseas to keep me entertained that i dont need it, plus knowing my luck i will lose it over there and there goes 400 odd dollars so yeah!!

Maybe i should get one of those little clip ones!!

• 25 Feb 2007 sue123 said

Default_avatar

I don’t have an ipod, but I do have an mp3 player, Creative Zen Vision M. No way am I leaving it behind. Early in the morning, when you leave the hotels, most people will be conked out, so I like having music. Also, if I want to sleep, and everyone around me is talking, I put on my headphones and have a nap.

As for extending battery life, I don’t know, But I did see some people had external batteries that they plugged into the bottom. Basically, ir had about 8 AA batteries and worked off that. But my mp3 player lasts about 12 hours if just listening to music, and about 8 on video, so I’m not bothering with that stuiff.

• 27 Feb 2007 Gator Donna said

Default_avatar

YES IT MOST DEFINITELY IS!!
    They play music over the coach loud speaker and everyone is encouraged to share their play lists with everyone, but I found myself listening to my iPod a lot. My iPod was particularly useful when I would try and nap on the coach because it would drown out people’s voices.

• 28 Feb 2007 Melbell said

Default_avatar

I’m def taking mine…. but what happens if I need to recharge on tour…. can you get a portable charger thingy??

• 28 Feb 2007 junior37991 said

Default_avatar

Yes you can get a wall charger. There will be power points at the accomodation.

• 28 Feb 2007 Pazzar said

Default_avatar

What about on camping tours? Where can you charge up?

• 28 Feb 2007 laur-ah said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pazzar:
    What about on camping tours? Where can you charge up?

the bus apparently has outlets.
    can anyone confirm what sort of adapter is required for bus charging (is it a UK power point?) ??
  • 22 Mar 2007 Lulaviolence said

Default_avatar

I’ve only just bought one of those new ipod shuffles and so far I only know that I can charge it in my docking system with my PC. Is there an alternative way to charge it?

• 23 Mar 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Lula, you need a USB walloutlet charger. Not sure if they make it w/ other plug configurations or if it can handle 220V since I am looking at a N American site.

You can also shop around for other generic USB wall chargers

- Vic

• 2 Mar 2008 danielle0801 said

Default_avatar

i have a creative mp3 player, Zen Micro.
    not an ipod obviously, but i wasnt sure about the voltage. there is not a switch to change power voltage, but from what i can remember, the ipod doesnt either.
    does that mean it can handle both Australian and European voltages ?

• 2 Mar 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

I have the wall charger, the plug you use to connect your ipod to your computer connects to the wall charger. It will automatically configure from 110v to 220v.

• 2 Mar 2008 lindenfan1 said

Default_avatar

My iPod is definitly coming with me – I even bought the camera adapter so that I can clear off my camera memory card each night – and upload the photos of my trip mates as well – I have a 80GB movie iPod so even with my songs and a couple of movies/tv shows on it there is more than enough room for a few thousand pictures!!

• 4 Mar 2008 Alex211983 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I have not done a contiki tour yet. However, I can tell you that when I do go my Ipod and or MP player is coming.
    Trust me when I say music is a BIG part of my life and is with me ALMOST everywhere. Work, school (even in class) home and on the bus. In fact, I have been told by friends and family that when I died thats is one the is going to be with me.
    So, I say go for it if that’s something you couldn’t live for weeks without.

Alex

• 5 Mar 2008 mims715 said

Default_avatar

I read somewhere that the contiki coaches have adaptors for iPods so that they can be charged. is this true??

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.