Community_discussions_small  

Question

Australian ID to get into Pubs/Clubs?

2 Jul 2010 Kirk asked

Default_avatar
Does anyone know if they accept an Australian Drivers licence to get into pubs and clubs in the states and canada? I dont want to carry my passport around... and if they dont I may have to look into getting one of those international student cards.

Anyone have advice?
  • 2 Jul 2010 socalgal said

Default_avatar

I know that my husband hard a hard time ordering alcohol and getting into certain places. It was hit and miss. Seems that the bigger places with more tourist were more likely to accept an out of country license

• 2 Jul 2010 aymeh! said

Default_avatar

I have used both NSW drivers licence and passport while getting into clubs overseas…best bet take your passport

• 2 Jul 2010 beccajay said

Default_avatar

I agree, go the passport, wouldnt want to be leaving it in the hotel room anyway! And on my 24 days of touring, didnt see anyone get in on a licence. :-)

• 2 Jul 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

I don’t think they will allow you to use an international student card to get into bars/clubs. I don’t think you will have any trouble getting in a bar/club if you look like you are over 21 with your drivers license.

• 8 Jul 2010 Explorer1181769 said

Default_avatar

WHen i was in Vegas in 2008 I took my 18+ card, passport and licence. THey do not except 18+ in USA. I would suggest take both your passport and DRivers licence.

• 8 Jul 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

Passport is the best way to go if you want to be “guaranteed” entry.

Although, if travelling around Australia, you might have an idea of what another state’s licence looks like, bouncers and doormen overseas can’t possibly know what every licence or ID card from around the world looks like, hence why it is sometimes harder to get in. They don’t know if what you’re showing them is real or not but they do know what a passport looks like!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion