Community_discussions_small  

Comment

England and Scotland Tour

18 Jan 2014 Kelly said

Kelly

Hello everyone, I wasn't sure where to post this exactly, but I did the England and Scotland Tour in September and wrote a blog review of each stop while on tour and thought it maybe could be helpful to anyone looking to taking this tour or already is and would like some tips and info on it.

BTW, had a blast and a great tour manager!

http://themishmashofmarsh.blogspot.com/2014/01/contiki-england-and-scotland-overview.html

• 2 Feb 2014 Adamjcp said

Adamjcp

Good read, some nice photos in there as well!

Out of curiosity, how much free time did you have in Liverpool and Glasgow?

• 2 Feb 2014 Adamjcp said

Adamjcp

Sorry….double post….

• 2 Feb 2014 Nikkij44 said

Nikkij44

Thanks Kelly, doing tour in July and was after more info from someone who has done it! Big help! :-)

• 3 Feb 2014 Kelly said

Kelly

Thanks Nikkij and Soton!

Soton for Liverpool you get the better part of the day. When you roll in you go right on the Beatles tour (tour guide hops on the coach) then to check in to the hotel then free time until the first group dinner. In Glasgow kind of the same deal, you spend half the day on the bus with a stop to see Hamish, then Stirling then you roll into Glasgow in the afternoon and from there you’re on your own unless you decide to meet up with your group for drinks at the end of the night.

• 4 Feb 2014 Adamjcp said

Adamjcp

Thanks Kelly. As an estimate, how many hours free time would you say you had? It’s just that there are things in Liverpool and Glasgow I’d like to see (which aren’t on the itinerary).

Cheers :)

• 5 Feb 2014 Kelly said

Kelly

I’m afraid I couldn’t tell you the exact amount of hours, but roughly a half day worth of free time.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.