Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Europe winter vs summer

26 Mar 2010 Lynn said

Default_avatar
Hi,

Is it better to go on the tours in winter or summer?
  • 7 Sep 2010 Jetsettr Rhiannon said

Jetsettr Rhiannon

I’d like to back this post up and answer the same question!

Lynn, I have experienced summer in Europe and I can tell you that there is an undeniable vibe where travelling during that time. But of course, it is peak season and you will find yourself contending with the crowds! Ultimately, experiencing both would be ideal as I hear Christmas in Europe is a fantastic experience.

Can anyone that’s travelled in winter give me the heads up about experiencing Europe in winter?

http://www.jetsettr.com.au/blog/

• 28 Sep 2010 JenShep said

JenShep

Hi I’ve done a european tour in winter and i loved it, alot of attractions in europe get very crowded the wait time is unbelievable. the plus side of winter is your cloths don’t get as smelly and dirty so less washing, and more free time.

• 21 Oct 2010 Explorer1208276 said

Explorer1208276

I went in October and it was perfect! T-**** and jeans everywhere. Not so many tourists and short lines. Also it made for a great time during free time not being so hot. Remember to bring double the money you planned on so as to not run out!

• 1 Nov 2010 AlejandraG said

AlejandraG

I did the London and Paris tour in May and even though the crowds were not there and the experience was awesome, the weather was just a bit to cold for me. I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to be wearing my coat while there, but no.. It was on all the time, I would off preferred warmer weather. The less clothes the better, especially when in Europe Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->.

I will be doing the Euro Magic tour next July.

• 9 Nov 2010 Sophie27 said

Sophie27

I did the European Discovery tour in December and it was very cold but so much fun! The coldest I’ve ever been was up the top of the Eiffel Tower!

But we didn’t really have to wait to get into anything and one huge plus was that there were night Christmas markets almost everywhere we went – which really added to the experience!

Just remember to bring thermals, a good thick jacket and GLOVES!!

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.