Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Digital Cameras

20 Jul 2007 Louise said

Default_avatar
Can anyone please tell me how many photos they were taking each day so I can buy memory cards for my camera
Louise
  • 20 Jul 2007 Jeremy said

Jeremy

It really depends on how you are as a photographer. If you are trigger happy you will need more than someone who only takes only a few. You also need to know the file size per picture your camera makes. I have an 8MP camera that takes about 2 meg pictures on regular settings and I have enough memory for 100 pictures a day, plus i’ll be taking a regular camera with 4 rolls incase something happens to my digital and a underwater camera [I live in the US, going to Europe though].

With that being said, I have 5 gb for 23 days. (Two 2gb and One 1gb). Its better to have more than not enough

• 20 Jul 2007 BigMal said

Default_avatar

It really depends on how many photos you have taken. Look at previous trips. Have you taken a lot? Last trip i only took 400 in two weeks which was pretty low for me considering ive taken that many in 90 mins before.

This trip i intend on taking a lot of photos and im taking quite a bit of memory. 20gig hard drive space on an old ipod for back up plus 8gig in cards.

• 20 Jul 2007 *Mellissa* said

*Mellissa*

on my tour i took over 1000 pic’s… but when you look at them later you woudl obvisly delete some of them…. i bought what ever is the biggest memeory you get.
    just remember if you ahve alot of memory that ti may take a minute or so when turning on
    your camera to wait until its ready for action.
    **also rememebr to charge it everynight you may miss out on something beacuse you have a flat battery.

• 23 Jul 2007 Monique said

Default_avatar

My husband and I take a lot of photos when we go on vacation b/c we like to print a lot of scenary photos for our house. To avoid buying another memory card or losing space we usually travel w/ our laptop and just upload the photos every other night or so.

This might be the easiest and cheapest way if you also have a laptop. Hope this helps!

Monique

California highlights 8/29/07-9/3/07

• 1 Aug 2007 Davo said

Default_avatar

on my wild western tour a lot of ppl went to either walmart or wal greens to get the photos burnt to dvd, this did not cost much to do (i think about $10) most of the time these shops are located only a few meters away so u can drop your cards off in the arvo and then pick them up in the morn before you leave that town (they are open 24/7)

• 2 Aug 2007 Jeremy said

Jeremy

I agree with Davo, you could go get your pictures burnt to CD at walmart or wal greens. Not that I would recommend stepping foot into a walmart on vacation, or ever for that matter. (Can you tell im not a fan of the store? haha) Depending on how many you have the prices arent bad. It’s not 100% necessary though. Just make sure to ask when it will be done, last thing you would want is them to have a delay for one reason or another and then not get them put on a CD in time.

• 10 Aug 2007 Nina said

Default_avatar

Hiya

I was in the USA for 5 weeks on 2 different tours. I am a trigger happy snapper. I took about 800 pics and that was more than enough.

I think it depends on each person though.

Some of the ppl on my tour used internet facilities to download some of their pics.

Hope this helps.

Nat

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion