Community_discussions_small  

Question

May 18-28, who's in?!

2 Feb 2007 CdnWanderer asked

Default_avatar
Hey! I just received my confirmation for the May 18-28 tour... Anyone else on this one?

This will be my second Contiki tour, but my first one in Europe. I can't wait! Big Grin
  • 17 Feb 2007 CdnWanderer said

Default_avatar

Heya Christie!

Glad to find someone else is going on the tour! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I’ll be flying direct from Ottawa and getting into London at about 6:00am on the 18th. How about you?

Mitch.

• 21 Feb 2007 CdnWanderer said

Default_avatar

Hey Christie!

That was kind of my plan too – dump my stuff and try to get in a couple of the big sights while I’m there. I haven’t really thought about how I was getting myself from the airport to the hotel yet… I assumed it was easier to take the Tube. What’s the deal with the coach transfer?

Yeah, we should definitely meet up when the two of you get there! There’s still a long time to go (too long!!), but you can send me an e-mail at mg_45@hotmail.com and we can start figuring it out…

Mitch.

• 22 Feb 2007 Tanya_M said

Default_avatar

Hi Folks!

I’m in toooo Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->. This is my first contiki tour and I am sooo excited. Christie, sounds like you and I may be on the same flight! I was planning on taking the tube to the hotel. You can find me at Just_me_tanya@yahoo.com. To ensure your emails are not filtered as junk mail, add the words ‘magic’ in the title. Look foward to hearing from you guys!!!
    Only 85 more days to go. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->!

T

• 22 Feb 2007 MEJoe said

MEJoe

I’m in too! I just got my confirmation today. I’ll be getting into London around Noon.

• 23 Feb 2007 Michellee said

Default_avatar

Hi There

My sister & I are in for Euro Magic aswell, leaving from JHB, South Africa. Arriving in London on 19th May.

M

• 23 Feb 2007 MEJoe said

MEJoe

When I booked mine, they said it was “limited availability”, so I’m assuming it’s almost full!

• 24 Feb 2007 CdnWanderer said

Default_avatar

Almost full? No kidding?! That’s awesome! My last tour was only half-full; kinda cool anyway because it was a bit more intimate and there was room to stretch out on the coach, but it’ll be interesting to see how this one is different with a big group.

M. and MEJoe, is this your first Contiki?

Mitch.

• 25 Feb 2007 MEJoe said

MEJoe

Yeah, this is my first Contiki tour, and I’m heading out solo. I can’t wait!

• 26 Feb 2007 Michellee said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys

Hope u all well
    Yes, Mitch this is our first trip on a Contiki, in fact this is our first time to Europe. Very excited.

M

• 27 Feb 2007 Samantha C said

Default_avatar

Hi all!

This is great. I’m glad to hear from fellow travellers. I’ll be leaving Calgary and arriving in London around 10:30. I’m travelling solo and looking really forward to this vacation! Hopefully some of us can meet up and head out on the town the day we arrive to start the celebrations.

• 28 Feb 2007 Michellee said

Default_avatar

Hi Samantha C

Nice to meet u

M

• 4 Mar 2007 Josh_L said

Josh_L

Hey everyone,

I just got my confirm last friday. looking forward to meeting everyone. Just quick question though how much is everyone planning on packing for the ten days or so (luggage and moola wise)? I just now have to find something to do the wee morning hours in London, since my flight arrives in London @ 7. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• 5 Mar 2007 CdnWanderer said

Default_avatar

Samantha – Nice to meet you! We should definitely try to meet up when you get in! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Josh – Nice to meet you, too! I’m getting in at 6:00am, and others are getting in at different times in the morning. If you want to join us, some of us are trying to arrange to meet up and go sightseeing together.

I’m planning to pack light, as I always do… I’m not sure exactly what yet, but aside from the usual necessary stuff, probably a few pairs of jeans/pants, some t-shirts, at and least one collared shirt for the nights out. If I have to do laundry at some point, so be it.. it’s better than carrying a bunch of stuff I won’t use! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> As for money, I’ll bring a bit of cash to get me started – bank machines are everywhere in Europe, so I’ll just take money out as I need it.

This page has some good tips on what to bring, etc..

http://www.eastboca.net/EuroPan/BeforeYouGo.html

Cheers,
    Mitch.

• 7 Mar 2007 Michellee said

Default_avatar

Hi Josh

Nice to meet u, we arrive in London at 7.35am & take the tube to the RN.Thereafter abit of sightseeing, I’m sure travelling light would be ideal with 1 or 2 warm clothes because of the travelling from place to place & moneywise, I think we will be using an ATM card & maybe credit card.

M (Michelle)

• 7 Mar 2007 MEJoe said

MEJoe

Awesome link for packing suggestions. I don’t get into London until noon or so, so hopefully I can meet up with some of you.

Just curious, how old is everyone here?

• 8 Mar 2007 CdnWanderer said

Default_avatar

MEJoe – I’m 28.

For all looking to get in some of the major sights on arrival day… I was just talking to a friend who lived in London for a while and he recommended taking one of the “hop-on hop-off” double-decker buses. They run the circuit of major attractions and a day-pass is available. Sounds like a good way to go!

Cheers,
    Mitch.

• 8 Mar 2007 MEJoe said

MEJoe

Oh yeah, forgot to say, I’m 26.

Joe

• 11 Mar 2007 Josh_L said

Josh_L

Ugh… Just relooked at my flight confirms with the travel agent… looks like i’m comming in from Gatwick Airport rather than Heathrow… so it looks like i’m gonna spend a little extra money getting to town Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> oh well.. thanks for the packing tips everyone, i’ve finally found some time to read up on the other message boards to get a better picture of things… i wonder how long we’ll have to wait in line through customs though… oh well it will worthwhile to get away from the 9-5 for a week or so

Josh-26YRs and counting

• 12 Mar 2007 Michellee said

Default_avatar

Joe – I am 30 & my sister Rochelle is 23

Michelle

• 13 Mar 2007 Tanya_M said

Default_avatar

Hi All-I’m 31ish Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->!!

66 More days Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> ohhhh yaeaaaaaaaaah!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.