Community_discussions_small  

Comment

American Sim cards

21 Oct 2008 lexi said

Default_avatar
Hi there I have a question I am going to the US and Canada and I am taking my australian phone with me but i need to buy a sim card and a pre paid credit. What would be the best for me to get??? Do I need a different sim card for canada or will my american one work there as well?? let me know thanks
  • 21 Oct 2008 ozzie daz said

ozzie daz

hi i found this one to be the best deal for me, and it only took like 3 days to get hear and i live in darwin (5 mins from the middle of know where)

http://www.telestial.com/view_product.php?ID=LSIM-US04

and type in TELCO10 which gives you 10 percent off which is better than nothing.
    hope this helps
    cheers Daz

• 5 Nov 2008 NurseKara said

NurseKara

it will be cheaper to have a sim card for Canada and one for the USA that way you don’t get charged roaming rates. Sim cards are expensive in Canada & USA $50 just for the sim card with no credit. I found that it was cheaper to buy a pre-paid phone in each country. I found AT&T the Cheapest $15 for the phone and sim card (USA) you can get really great text packages $5 for 200 messages. Hope this helps. I have travelled with an international sim card I got in Australia the problem I found was I could only recharge by credit card and it charged me in US$ and it was really hard to call home on (very complicated). Hope this helps

• 6 Nov 2008 JessQuills said

Default_avatar

i’ve just had the same thoughts going on…
    i decided to go with the one that’s run thru contiki. it’s only 35 cents to send international sms and 15c to receive – which is pretty much all i’ll be using it for
    they have them at www.contiki.ekit.com
    or more specifically www.simplecalling.com
    and these are for USA & Canada, with cheaper rates from bigger cities, like LA, NY, Toronto etc

• 6 Nov 2008 lexi said

Default_avatar

same here I didn’t know we got one though contiki but it seems easiest to deal with so thats the one i went with to

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion