American Sim cards

21 Oct 2008 lexi said

Hi there I have a question I am going to the US and Canada and I am taking my australian phone with me but i need to buy a sim card and a pre paid credit. What would be the best for me to get??? Do I need a different sim card for canada or will my american one work there as well?? let me know thanks
  • 21 Oct 2008 ozzie daz said

ozzie daz

hi i found this one to be the best deal for me, and it only took like 3 days to get hear and i live in darwin (5 mins from the middle of know where)

and type in TELCO10 which gives you 10 percent off which is better than nothing.
    hope this helps
    cheers Daz

• 5 Nov 2008 NurseKara said

it will be cheaper to have a sim card for Canada and one for the USA that way you don’t get charged roaming rates. Sim cards are expensive in Canada & USA $50 just for the sim card with no credit. I found that it was cheaper to buy a pre-paid phone in each country. I found AT&T the Cheapest $15 for the phone and sim card (USA) you can get really great text packages $5 for 200 messages. Hope this helps. I have travelled with an international sim card I got in Australia the problem I found was I could only recharge by credit card and it charged me in US$ and it was really hard to call home on (very complicated). Hope this helps

• 6 Nov 2008 JessQuills said

i’ve just had the same thoughts going on…
    i decided to go with the one that’s run thru contiki. it’s only 35 cents to send international sms and 15c to receive – which is pretty much all i’ll be using it for
    they have them at
    or more specifically
    and these are for USA & Canada, with cheaper rates from bigger cities, like LA, NY, Toronto etc

• 6 Nov 2008 lexi said

same here I didn’t know we got one though contiki but it seems easiest to deal with so thats the one i went with to

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion