Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Explorer Auckland-Christchurch 16th March 2011

24 Nov 2010 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940
Hey Guys,
I know its early but just wondering if there's anyone out there who's going on the new zealand grand explorer tour starting in auckland 16th march 2011? Would love to get an early chance to meet people.

Brooke
  • 26 Dec 2010 Explorer1221790 said

Default_avatar

Hey Brooke!
    My name is Joceline and I’m also going on this one. I was getting worried that no one else was doing it haha
    Talk to you later Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 1 Jan 2011 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940

Hey Joceline,
    So glad to here someone out there’s on the same tour! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Im from Australia, where abouts are you from?

• 9 Jan 2011 Explorer1221790 said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    Me too. Thats awesome! Im from Canada Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Jan 2011 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940

Hey there Canadian,
    Whats your name? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Jan 2011 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940

Hey Joceline, Sorry i didnt realise that was you. The random explorer names are confusing. Are you excited about the trip? Just going to New Zealand or going to Australia too?

• 19 Jan 2011 Explorer1221790 said

Default_avatar

Hey Brooke,
    Don’t even worry about it! I’m so excited! Less than two months away already. I’m just going to new Zealand. I’ve been to australia before though. How long are you staying in new Zealand for?

• 29 Jan 2011 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940

Haha, yeah im so excited too! Cant wait! My boyfriend Dennis is coming as well. I’m staying for the tour and flying in the day before and out the day after. How long are you going for? Did you like Aus? And will you be adventurous and try bungee jumping and sky dive? I am!

• 7 Feb 2011 Explorer1221790 said

Default_avatar

I can’t wait either it’s so soon. Are you 2 staying at the mercure hotel? O nice. I’m also flying in he night before and I’m staying 2 weeks afterward. I really enjoyed Aus. It was nice because i met a bunch of people on my last contiki that lived there so i had people to show me around. Ya I think I’m going to do bungy jumping but not skydiving. I think I’m going to do that really long hike instead. How about you?

• 7 Feb 2011 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940

Yeah Im staying at the Mecure Hotel the night before our tour as well :) We have some sort of orientation dinner the night before so will be good to meet people and everything! I want to try everything! Bungee, sky dive the works!! I got my contiki documents sent to our travel centre today! Get to pick them up tomorrow, im so so sooo excited!

• 9 Feb 2011 Explorer1221790 said

Default_avatar

Haha I’m staying at nomads fat camel it’s just around the corner from mercure. Oo an orientation dinner that sounds like fun. You are so adventurous! I wish I could do all that stuff too but I need money for the other 2 weeks I’m staying. O lucky I’m not supposed to get mine until mid february. I’m so excited too it’s going to be an awesome time!

• 9 Feb 2011 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940

Hahaha not really, i’m a sook but when in..New Zealand :D lol.
    Yeah, maybe because Aus is so close to New Zealand is the reason we got ours early? Not sure.
    My friend went over to New Zealand with his family last November, he like bungee and the zorb and everything.. looks amazzzzing!! I’m 20, how are you may i ask? :)

• 9 Feb 2011 Explorer1221790 said

Default_avatar

Haha exactly. Might as well do it while you are there. I love freaking my mom out by telling her what I’m going to do.
    I didn’t go to a travel agent either so that might be another reason.
    That sounds awesome. I have been googling pictures of places we are going and I’m so excited.

I’m 20 as well!

• 10 Feb 2011 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940

HAHA! Awesome :)
    Yeah, my mum’s not overly keen on the bungee jumping.
    Are you travelling by yourself or with friends?

• 10 Feb 2011 Explorer1221790 said

Default_avatar

Haha neither is mine…i dont really think shes keen on my trip in general
    I’m travelling by myself

• 10 Feb 2011 Brendan M said

Default_avatar

Hey all,
    I’m on this one as well and really looking forward to it.
    I’m from Australia:-)

• 11 Feb 2011 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940

Oh WOW Joseline, are you nervous!? I dont think i could travel by myself. So what will you do in New Zealand after the tour?

Hey Brendan! I’m from Australia as well :) Where abouts are you from? I’m from Victoria.
    So excited!! Are you travelling by yourself?

• 12 Feb 2011 Brendan M said

Default_avatar

I live in Katherine in the Northern Territory. Yes I’m traveling by myself but I’m pretty excited, haven’t done a contiki tour before so I’m not sure what to expect.
    My housemate did a new zealand tour similar to this one and loved it so I’m sure it’s going to be awesome!

• 13 Feb 2011 Explorer1221790 said

Default_avatar

No I’m too excited to be nervous haha. Umm I’m staying in Queenstown when the tour is over then im going to Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.

Well I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one traveling alone.

• 17 Feb 2011 Explorer1203940 said

Explorer1203940

Awesome guys, im so keen now.. month countdown!! :D
    How old are you Brendan? Gunna do bungee jumping etc?

• 18 Feb 2011 Brendan M said

Default_avatar

I’m 20. Definately doing a bungee jump, So many choices. I’m can’t make up my mind which optional activities I want to do. Theres the thrill seeking ones but i’m also pretty keen for ones like the glacier hike. I might just wing it and work it out while i’m there.
    25 days to go…….

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.