Community_discussions_small  

Comment

I was set on the Grand Northern but now I'm not sure...

10 Dec 2009 Amy24fromOz said

Default_avatar
Hi all,
I was wondering which tour to do, the GN or the GS. I finally made up my mind based on what places the tour visits and chose the GN.

Now I've looked at these forums and 9 out of 10 people say do the GS! So I'm confused... I'm 24 and single and I'd like to go have fun, but at the same time I'm not too fussed on seeing city after city after city... and I do like nature (although not a 'nature freak').

Can someone who's been on the GN tell me it is amazing to reset my mind back to this decision! I don't want this turning into a 'Go the GS' thread as many others seem to have done...

I just don't want to find out I've wasted an opportunity to have an awesome time rather than just an OK time...

ETS: I lived and worked in France and work for a french company so french is pretty close to my heart and visiting Quebec and Montreal would mean something...
  • 11 Dec 2009 SturtleSydney23 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Amy24fromOz:
    Hi all,
    I was wondering which tour to do, the GN or the GS. I finally made up my mind based on what places the tour visits and chose the GN.

Now I’ve looked at these forums and 9 out of 10 people say do the GS! So I’m confused… I’m 24 and single and I’d like to go have fun, but at the same time I’m not too fussed on seeing city after city after city… and I do like nature (although not a ‘nature freak’).

Can someone who’s been on the GN tell me it is amazing to reset my mind back to this decision! I don’t want this turning into a ‘Go the GS’ thread as many others seem to have done…

I just don’t want to find out I’ve wasted an opportunity to have an awesome time rather than just an OK time…

ETS: I lived and worked in France and work for a french company so french is pretty close to my heart and visiting Quebec and Montreal would mean something…

I think the Grand Northern speak louder to me, aswell! Ive booked GN for 14th May 2010… im excited to see Quebec and Montreal too Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> When are you thinking about going?

• 12 Dec 2009 Amy24fromOz said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking of going on the August 13th one… Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Dec 2009 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

I did the GS in Jan this year and it was great, i am also looking forward to the GN in Sept 2011. So you can always do the GN Now and then maybe do the GS at a later date. Looks like they are two completely different tours. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 20 Dec 2009 Grace 17/7/09 said

Grace 17/7/09

Do the Grand Northern!
    I went in the summer and had an amazing time. I met the best people and really didn’t want to go home by the end of it. The places we went to where awesome, everyday we saw somewhere interesting there is a nice mix of nature to city. Places I loved where Montreal, Keystone, Kanab, Vegas, Toronto.

You’ll have an amazing time, I loved every minute of it Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 26 Jan 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

I don’t think that you will WASTE an opportunity, no matter which tour you pick! Both of the tours are fantastic and both have pros and cons, depending on the traveller taking them!

I think you need to go back and revisit your contiki brochure. Have a good think about why you chose YOUR tour in the first place. What stood out to you, what were you excited about seeing, what are you looking forward to most?

I’ve found that, in the past, people book so far in advance that, by the time their Contiki tour is close they’ve kinda forgotten about it a bit or been jaded by reading some of the negative things posted on this board. Fact of the matter is some time ago you read the books and the reviews and YOU picked THIS TOUR. There was a reason and that reason (those reasons) are still there! Don’t worry about what others are saying, stick to your plans, you will love it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion