Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Apr 26 - May 7

19 Dec 2007 takemetoeasterneurope said

Default_avatar
Hi!

I have booked and paid for this tour....

Anyone else coming?
  • 28 Dec 2007 bridow said

Default_avatar

i’ll be there! feel free to drop me an email if you have myspace

http://www.myspace.com/6814

• 9 Jan 2008 takemetoeasterneurope said

Default_avatar

CooL!

If you have msn, add me.. haloate@hotmail.com

• 13 Jan 2008 Steve said

Default_avatar

Yes, I’m booked and paid for, as well. I’m actually planning on getting into Berlin a day earlier (the 25th) than the actual start date for the tour. Is anyone else doing the same thing?

Steve

• 16 Jan 2008 takemetoeasterneurope said

Default_avatar

Good to see there is at least 3 of us!

I am spending a few days in Copenhagen before the tour so i will be flying into Berlin on the afternoon of the 26th.

• 28 Jan 2008 Matthew said

Matthew

Not booked yet, but I think these are the dates I’ll be going. I might add Gdansk on at the end.

• 28 Jan 2008 Marlo said

Marlo

Yes, I’m in as well. I’m not flying in early but I am staying in Berlin for 5 extra days after the trip if anyone else is thinking of doing the same thing. I’ve heard it’s a phenominal city! Can’t wait!

• 30 Jan 2008 takemetoeasterneurope said

Default_avatar

Im thinking of staying in Warsaw for an extra night..saves me sitting on the bus all the way back to Berlin.

• 30 Jan 2008 Steve said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I’m going to be staying in Berlin for an additional night after the tour as well. I figured that if you’re not flying out of Warsaw after the tour and instead taking the 12+ hour bus trek back to Berlin (like me), it would be tough to coordinate a flight out of Berlin on the night of May 7th. Oh, well…it will give some of us one last hurrah in Berlin!

Less than three months to go…

Steve

• 31 Jan 2008 Marlo said

Marlo

Hi Stephen, yes, I’m definitely staying in Berlin after our trip. I’m doing another Contiki tour that begins May 11 in Riga, Latvia and have intentionally booked these two trips back to back. My flight brings me from Canada to Berlin and then I fly home from Denmark, but I’m not sure I understand why you’re not purchasing a round trip ticket prior to your trip. Are you from Europe? Otherwise, it’s much cheaper to do round-trip than two one-ways. You do know our tour ends at 8:00 am on May 7, right? I’m staying in Berlin for 5 additonal days and have a girlfriend flying in from London to keep me company…she’s also not been to Berlin either. I too, am really looking forward to the trip. Can’t wait to meet everyone!

• 31 Jan 2008 travelingchick123456 said

Default_avatar

Hi! I have also booked and paid for this trip and amazingly enough I too am staying 5 extra days in Berlin and then doing the Scandinavia/Russia trip from Riga! Anyone going on this trip please feel free to add me brods2000@hotmail.com

• 31 Jan 2008 travelingchick123456 said

Default_avatar

one more thing..Stephen…I will be getting into Berlin on the 25th also

• 31 Jan 2008 Marlo said

Marlo

OMGoodness! Are you serious? How great to know someone doing both trips…can’t wait to meet. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 31 Jan 2008 Steve said

Default_avatar

Hi Marlo:

Yeah, I actually do have a round-trip ticket to and from Berlin (back to Los Angeles). I was just worried that by the time the tour bus got back to Berlin from Warsaw (probably around 8 p.m.), I couldn’t catch a flight out of Berlin on Thursday night. I also tried checking Easyjet and AirBerlin to see what they had going out of Warsaw back to Berlin, but no luck. The tour company I booked through was only able to get me a round-trip ticket to and from Berlin. No biggie, though…one more night in Berlin would probably be fun!

travelingchick: Good to see at least one other person will be there a day early! If you or any other early arrivals want to meet up at some point on the 25th, let me know.

dadanul@aol.com

• 31 Jan 2008 takemetoeasterneurope said

Default_avatar

Anyone know which hotel we stay at in Warsaw… havent rec’d paperwork yet..

• 31 Jan 2008 Steve said

Default_avatar

Sorry…I meant to say that I didn’t think I’d be able to catch a flight out of Berlin on Wednesday night (the day the tour ends).

• 1 Feb 2008 travelingchick123456 said

Default_avatar

Stephen, I am pretty sure that I am getting into Berlin in the evening of the 25th. It would be great to meet up!

Marlo: Where in Canada are you from? I am also from Canada, Windsor Ontario. How are you getting from Berlin to Riga? When is your flight home? Maybe we are on the same one.

• 1 Feb 2008 Marlo said

Marlo

Perhaps it’s time to officially introduce myself! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> My name is Marlo, I’m female (Marlo is also a boys name), I’m over 30 (as some have inquired about the average age of tours) and I live in Calgary Alberta (Canada). I’ve done two previous group tours, Egypt in April 2005 with Trafalgar (of which Contiki is an affiliate) and the second was the European Encounter with Contiki in April 2007. I loved both! I have a profile with some European tour photos on here in the event anyone is interested…and no, that is NOT a pic of me to the left…although it is a nice hat. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Travelingchick: How nice to hear from you again. I’m intending to fly from Calgary to Frankfurt then over to Berlin…eventually flying Copenhage to Frankfurt to Calgary. The overseas flights keep going down in price, so I’m holding out for a bit. That’s where I intend to book for the five days in between tours. As for Berlin to Riga, I’ve surfed around and found an incredible deal with airBaltic for 34 Euro ($51.00 CAD) which I’ve not yet booked either. My flight home is on June 2 as I promised to be back in my office for June 3! I’m attempting a Noon or 1 pm depearture from Copenhagen (as per Contiki’s advise) to avoid being rushed.

Stephen, I apologize as I was under the impression (from something I’d read) that our Eastern Road tour ended at 8 am on May 7, that’s why I was confused about your flight concern…but you’re correct in that it would be a major scramble to attempt to fly home with our tour ending so late in the evening. If nothing else, it will be nice for everyone to have one last chat session.

In the event anyone arriving early is interested, Contiki has us at the Comfort Inn in Berlin (I double-checked today). Also, if anyone else on this forum from our April 25 Eastern Road tour would like to share some info about themselves, I think that would be nice to get to know one another a bit before hand. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 2 Feb 2008 travelingchick123456 said

Default_avatar

Hi! I think it’s a great idea to introduce ourselves. My name is Brodie. I am 22 and from Windsor Ontrio Canada. I have been on one previous Contiki tour in May of 2005. I had an amazing time!

• 2 Feb 2008 takemetoeasterneurope said

Default_avatar

Hallo!

I am Bud a 29yr old male from Sydney, Australia…. this is my 2nd tour as well.. Went on Winter Wanderer in 2004. Looking forward to it !

Marlo: Some of those cheap airlines use tiny planes! Watch out if you dont like those tiny planes.. like me Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

MSN: haloate@hotmail.com

• 2 Feb 2008 Marlo said

Marlo

Hello Brodie, my fellow Canadian traveler. What a great name for a girl. I love it! It’s nice to make your acquaintance. I’m sure by the time June rolls around you and I will know one another quite well having traveled almost two months together by that time. Brodie, what trip did you do with Contiki in May 2005?

Hi Bud! It’s nice to meet you as well. Thanks for the heads-up on the (more than likely) tuna can I’ll be taking from Berlin to Riga…although I do dislike them, I’m not bothered too much…that is to say as long as the turbulence isn’t too bad. I do, however, need to keep in mind that I’ll have one Contiki trip under my belt, but more importantly, in my suitcase (souviners) and need to remember the weight restriction for both small plans and the next tour….thank you for that (indirect) thought. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Some of the best mates I made from my last trip are Australian…a few in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Toowoomba. Our bus driver was from Brisbane and was a blast! I think there’s some truth that Aussies and Canadians are one of the same. Wayyyy too much fun!

In my last post, I mentioned that’s where I intended to book for 5 days in between tours…it was a sentence completely out of place…I was referring to the Comfort Inn in Berlin in the event Brodie was still making plans for her layover as well.

I talked to Contiki yesterday and they verified that the Eastern Road tour is a go, but our Russia & Scandinavia tour is not yet a go. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.