Community_discussions_small  

Question

March 21st - just signed up! Are you coming?

25 Dec 2007 ilene asked

Default_avatar
I don't think anyone started a thread for this date yet. Let's see a show of hands!

ilene
  • 26 Dec 2007 ilene said

Default_avatar

I called Contiki today – they said that date hasn’t been confirmed yet, but to call back middle of January and they should know by then. Too bad, since I think I am going to hold off buying air tickets until I know for sure. Those are typically non-refunduble.

Ilene

• 2 Jan 2008 Mando said

Mando

Hi,

I just started to make my booking for this tour March 21-29 so hopefully I will have an answer from the travel agency tommorrow, and know if I am confirmed.

• 3 Jan 2008 ilene said

Default_avatar

Hi! Let me know if you find anything out about the trip getting cofirmed or not. I am waiting to get tickets until it’s definitely confirmed but I don’t want to wait too long and get stuck with more expensive tickets. I’m really looking forward to it but I’m afraid to get my hopes up!

• 3 Jan 2008 Mando said

Mando

Well I called the travel agency today and Contiki has not yet confirmed them my trip which would include about 3 more people going with me so that makes 5 of us so far! Hopefully they will answer tommorrow since I am just waiting for the OK in order to go pay it!…I am so exited!!!Cant wait till we go!!!!!!!! Anyways where are you traveling from maybe we can catch a plane together and meet before hand?

• 3 Jan 2008 ilene said

Default_avatar

My husband and I are going together, this will be our 2nd contiki trip! We’re flying out from one of 3 airports, whichever is cheaper: JFK, Philadelphia, or Newark. How about you? Who are the 3 people you’re going with?

• 3 Jan 2008 Mando said

Mando

I am going with my husband too, my boss and his girlfriend if they allow him to go since he is 39 but belive me he has the mentality of a 20 yr old lol. We are flying from Puerto Rico, so far the cheapest is connecting thru Newark then Milan then Cairo. However my travel agent is checking if she can find us a cheaper flight, (I dont Think she will find anything cheaper)

• 4 Jan 2008 ilene said

Default_avatar

So that’s at least 6 people so far. I am going to call back middle of January to see if they can confirm the trip since they might cancel it if they don’t get enough people. More likely then not, we’re going form Newark as well. We might go one day early, depending on what flights are available. Let me know when you find out if Contiki confirms you guys, I really hope they do.

• 4 Jan 2008 Mando said

Mando

My boss and his girlfriend back out, however guess what!!! Me and my husband are CONFIRMED!!! Today my Travel Agent called me and told me that they had confirmed us two, then just to make sure I called Contiki and ask to see if everything was ready and I was truly confirmed and they said Everything is OK! Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 4 Jan 2008 Mando said

Mando

So you are probably leaving on the 21 to arrive on the 22th and be there a day earlier? Let me know maybe we can do the same.

• 4 Jan 2008 ilene said

Default_avatar

Yay! Good news Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I think if we fly out the 21st, we’d be there the 22nd, which is when the pre-tour meeting is at 7pm. So we’ll do either that, or fly out the 20th, and that way be one day early. And I am waiting to book my flight until middle of January – I will call Contiki to make sure the trip itself is confirmed. If they don;t have enough people, they are allowed to cancel it and refund our money, but air is ususally not refundable. Coniki told me to call middle of January and they’ll be able to tell me then if the trip will definitely go ahead or not.

• 4 Jan 2008 Mando said

Mando

I am right now in the University so after I get out I will call them to check if the trip it self is completely confirmed, however let me know if you will be leaving a day earlier since I would like to do the same but not alone and maybe we could catch a flight together and start the party from the plane! anyways e-mail me Mando303@yahoo.com with any info you got.

• 4 Jan 2008 Mando said

Mando

Hey I just called Contiki and they told me we have a CONFIRMED departure!!! apparently there are so far 25 more people going on our tour and the expect about 45 is what he told me so we will have a big group! WEEEEEEEE

• 5 Jan 2008 ilene said

Default_avatar

I called Contiki and this date is now a Guaranteed departure for sure! I booked air, flying from JFK using EgyptAir, so it’s a direct flight of only 11 hours, arriving mid-day in cairo, several hours before the evening pre-tour meeting. It all worked out!

• 5 Jan 2008 rain76 said

Default_avatar

Hi there!! I am planning to sign up for this trip. Does anyone know if it has been confirmed? I am planning on traveling solo, but trying to convince a friend to join me…we’ll see.

• 5 Jan 2008 ilene said

Default_avatar

Hi Rain, I called contiki and this trip is now a guaranteed departure, so come along!

• 5 Jan 2008 Mando said

Mando

Hey Rain 76 its a confirmed departure so hop on board! Explorer I am also taking a direct flight from JFK and Egypt Air, however I dont know the flight no. since I havent picked out the tickets from the Travel Agent.

• 6 Jan 2008 Explorer1084482 said

Default_avatar

is anyone else going from london? am still in process of booking but finding it a real pain with flights and slightly scared about arriving at airport and making my way to the hotel!

• 6 Jan 2008 ilene said

Default_avatar

I’m also doing the direct flight to cairo from JFK. But don’t worry about arriving there – if you let contiki know when you’re due to land, they send a representative to the airport to take you to the hotel – just let them know and the free transfer should be included as part of the package.

• 6 Jan 2008 Ivana said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone. Count in 3 more travellers. I just confirmed with 2 of my girlfriends. Can’t wait!!!

• 6 Jan 2008 Mando said

Mando

Hi guys,

We are departing from JFK too Egyptair flight too as well as some other people I know we should all once we arrive at the airport ask for seats near so that we can get to know each other

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.